DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM
 
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Reworked Pantah heads on eBay
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 2176
I have already collected this same photo of these heads ---from our website --- several years ago. So, it seems they could be held by one of our site members. Are you still out there? Does anyone here know this person? See the eBay auction below. Thanks, MikeV

Attachment:
heads CopyofTTa.jpg
heads CopyofTTa.jpg [ 116.07 KiB | Viewed 6571 times ]


http://www.ebay.com/itm/141189348535?ss ... 1436.l2648


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reworked Pantah heads on eBay
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:44 am
Posts: 1913
Images: 7
http://www.subito.it/accessori-moto/tes ... 007204.htm


Ciao Mikev ,this gentleman has a bit of material DUCATI TT2, you want me to do something for you?

Ciao, Carlo.


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reworked Pantah heads on eBay
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:54 pm
Posts: 566
Location: Brisbane
Hello Mike,
These are my heads and are still flowing fuel and exhaust on my TT2 replica.
The pictures were on the site before it crashed a few years ago.
Pictures again,

Image

Image

Image

Image

750 SS head on the left, Ally 650 head middle and my flowed head right, see, same bench and towel.
Image

Gee they are worth a bit now,,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards
Graeme


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reworked Pantah heads on eBay
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 2176
Very good; thanks for the reply. But, where did you get them? Someone is trying to sell these (or, using these photos to sell something similar, and I am not sure which is correct). My point is that they should use photos of their actual current work, not something taken from this TT site. Did you get these done in Italy from this person? Would you recommend them? MikeV


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reworked Pantah heads on eBay
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:54 pm
Posts: 566
Location: Brisbane
I built them, the rear started as a 650 ally head, the front the 750ss head.
Both were welded up and flowed to match. The flowing was done by Geoff Chesterton in Brisbane.
I bought the ally heads from Ed Milich.

I've advertised on the Ducati owners club of Queensland looking for a set of late model single cases and had heaps of scammers send me pictures of all sorts of things that were taken from the web. Heaps of scammers out there.

The fellow selling the eBay advertised heads should show pictures of what he is actually selling not a picture of something he doesn't have.

Graeme


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reworked Pantah heads on eBay
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 2176
I agree! It is obvious that the heads are of different vintage, because the locating dowels are not the same size (that helps identify this set, as well as some other things). But, this does not mean your set is not great, or do not work perfectly! All else looks great. It is just that this person is using photos of your parts to sell their parts, or their work! This is similar to the recent problem we had with a person in the US selling Carlo's part as if they were making them here. I have nothing against a person providing a service, or a part; but using the work of others to represent their work pisses me off! Buyer beware! Please translate for me Carlo --- caveat .... MikeV


Last edited by 618F1 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reworked Pantah heads on eBay
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 12:17 pm
Posts: 455
Location: Europe
Mike, unfortunately is becoming somewhat often.

I've recently had to report eBay adverts in Italy.
had an item on sale in a local page..someone from Italy I asked images and price of the item.
other interested write me and tells me that he sees the same article announced on local ebay in Italy...
the double of the price offered by my!!!!!

Finally it sold, but had to demonstrate with new photos that the article was mine and had I,incredible.. :!:

:roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reworked Pantah heads on eBay
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:44 am
Posts: 1913
Images: 7
Hello friends, I now have it all figured out , and I tell you that these things are the ones that make me ashamed to be Italian , I have also talked with this person a little while ago .

He contacted me at my home , offering many original parts NCR , the character has a considerable eloquence , but I have given answers to circumstance , given that the subject, I said things that did not reflect the origins of the described materials .

Let me give an example : he would sell me an aluminum swingarm Verlicchi built before the 80's ........ the pantah did not even exist , let alone if he had the swingarm cante lever, specially built for him .

I would do one thing, if you're okay , I could send an email , and tell me if I send more pictures of the heads of GRAEME ! !

I just want to see what he says.

Look for your input.

These people dirty the honest work of many Italians , unfortunately.

With so much friendship , and a lot of respect for our American friends or not. Carlo
Look for your input.

These people dirty the honest work of many Italians , unfortunately.

With so much friendship , and a lot of respect for our American friends or not. Carlo .


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reworked Pantah heads on eBay
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 2176
I have communicated with this seller, and he sees no problem in using photos from others. Just claims that his work, and the parts a buyer would get, will be similar to that shown in his posted photo. And claims all buyers are happy! What can I say, except "buyer beware"? MikeV

PS: The seller did not post my original polite questions on eBay. He did post my less-than-kind response to his answers. After that I filed a seller complaint.

Carlo. Do not blame your countrymen (or women) for this; it happens in many places.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reworked Pantah heads on eBay
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:44 am
Posts: 1913
Images: 7
618F1 wrote:
I have communicated with this seller, and he sees no problem in using photos from others. Just claims that his work, and the parts a buyer would get, will be similar to that shown in his posted photo. And claims all buyers are happy! What can I say, except "buyer beware"? MikeV

PS: The seller did not post my original polite questions on eBay. He did post my less-than-kind response to his answers. After that I filed a seller complaint.

Carlo. Do not blame your countrymen (or women) for this; it happens in many places.



Hello MikeV, I believe that if you make a complaint to Ebay, he will have to explain why those cylinder heads, are not his cylinder heads.

I read your message on Ebay, I have seen the answer to that gentleman, does not seem willing to change its position.

Maybe you're right, you have to have patience.

Ciao Mik! Carlo.


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL
[ Time : 0.012s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]