DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM
 
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: YT12B B4 Battery
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2025 4:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:56 pm
Posts: 95
Hello all,

the titular battery is for a Ducati 996, it fits my TT1-F1 rep perfectly (physical size) does anyone know if this is a suitable replacement for the Standard 91-97 900SS YB16AL-A2?

I have no idea what different Amp/hrs means on a bike.

Thanks in advance

George


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YT12B B4 Battery
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2025 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:44 pm
Posts: 113
Location: Atlanta
My understanding is that the number (16 in this instance) relates to its amp/hour rating. I think. I recently replaced the battery in my F1 with the "14" equivalent of the same-ish battery, so my guess is that your 996 battery has more cranking power. Whether or not that is compatible with the charging system, I know not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YT12B B4 Battery
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2025 4:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:56 pm
Posts: 95
danomar wrote:
My understanding is that the number (16 in this instance) relates to its amp/hour rating. I think. I recently replaced the battery in my F1 with the "14" equivalent of the same-ish battery, so my guess is that your 996 battery has more cranking power. Whether or not that is compatible with the charging system, I know not.



Thanks for your input. I couldn't work out why a smaller, 904cc, motor would need a battery with 16Ah, and the larger motor of the 996 needs a 'smaller' battery. I have found an AGM battery of 13Ah, at the same physical dimension, except 15mm taller, which would require me to modify the battery tray, which is not a problem.

And I do believe that these 'dry' batteries pack far more punch than a wet acid-cell jobbie.

But like you I have no idea how this would affect the charging system.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL
[ Time : 0.010s | 10 Queries | GZIP : Off ]