DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ozzie Ducati TT2 Racebike Build
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:02 pm 

as far as I remember The starter solenoid/button was from a BMC Austin/Morris Mini, there is a firm in the North of Manchester who specialize in old BMC Mini car parts, ( they must be gluten's for punishment ! ), I will call them to see if they have any. I used to modify Citroen 2CV oil radiators for our F1 & F2 machines.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:07 pm 

corsa wrote:
Carlo,
Is it like this Mini Starter Solenoid Push Button?
http://www.minispares.com/Product.aspx?ty=pb&pid=42337#

And the more genuine rubber cap is available too.

Hello, is definitely a button much like the original, I'd say great for the purpose it has to do.

However, we were looking for the origins of the original parts, it is very nice to have testimonials from people who work in that business year, for example, our friend Patt!

Your button is very nice, I think it's great for a replica Tt2

Ciao :lol:

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:13 pm 

pat slinn wrote:
as far as I remember The starter solenoid/button was from a BMC Austin/Morris Mini, there is a firm in the North of Manchester who specialize in old BMC Mini car parts, ( they must be gluten's for punishment ! ), I will call them to see if they have any. I used to modify Citroen 2CV oil radiators for our F1 & F2 machines.

Hello Patt, I remembered something about the origins of the button, however I do not need the button, I do not want to bother you, maybe my friend translator, begins to have a carburetor a little fat, I will again crburazione to my simultaneous translator.

I imagine your faces when you read the stupid posts from me! :lol: :lol:

Ciao!!!!

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:52 pm 

Hi Carlo, you crack us up!

Here are our faces after reading your post: :shock: :D :) ;) :( :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :ugeek: :geek: :mrgreen: :| :roll: :twisted: :evil: :cry:

But mostly: :D :P

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:21 pm 

athleticroman wrote:
Hi Carlo, you crack us up!

Here are our faces after reading your post: :shock: :D :) ;) :( :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :ugeek: :geek: :mrgreen: :| :roll: :twisted: :evil: :cry:

But mostly: :D :P

HAHAHAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Troppo forte!!! OK!

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:17 am 

Well G'daaay..... Everyone!
It's far too long since my last post, and I've been a bit slack in giving my TT2 some love, I've just spent an awesome day at Phillip Island watching all the Historic bikes fang around in the glorious sunshine, and Its fired me up to put some more effort into the old girl.... :)

I needed a Front wheel axle, so I looked around and found a suitable front axle of a Yamaha YZF1000R1 and machined both the clamping area and the dia of the axle to suit the bearing ID of the Campagnolo wheelset that I'm using, I only need to remove a Bees dick and it all came together quite well.
I've turned up Two 10mm x 25mm Aluminium spacers for the wheels and the discs now sit smack bang on in the centre of the Brembo callipers! Happy Days!.

All I have to do now is shorten the axle to suit the forks and I'll use the original R1 Bolt to secure it to the forks. Brilliant.
Hopefully the attached pics may be of use to everyone if they have a similar problem.

I'll give you all another update tonight on some other jobs I've knocked over.

Lee.

Attachments:
Ducati TT2 Front Axle 3.jpg
Ducati TT2 Front Axle 3.jpg [ 158.69 KiB | Viewed 1081 times ]
Ducati TT2 Front Axle 2.jpg
Ducati TT2 Front Axle 2.jpg [ 185.7 KiB | Viewed 1081 times ]
Ducati TT2 Front Axle 1.jpg
Ducati TT2 Front Axle 1.jpg [ 207.26 KiB | Viewed 1081 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:33 am 

G'day, again.
So, in putting my TT2 back to 80's period race trim, I needed a steel tubular fairing stay, just a couple of problems.

1. I didn't have one.
2. I didn't know anyone who had one.

But the Ducati Gods were smiling on me, and Graeme came to the rescue! Nice... Thank you very very much!! It's People like this that restores my faith in humanity. He kindly lent me a sample to copy so I could make a small batch of them. A big thank you!!

So, with some tube, some steel, a Mig welder and a lathe I set to work and made some fixtures, from what I can gather there are Two types of fairing stay used on the TT2, I call them the early and late types, the only real difference is the early type has the Citroen Oil Cooler and smaller flat steel brackets and the later type has a single flat plate to fix the later oil cooler onto it. My bike is being built up to early 80's spec so I'm going with the early type fairing stay.

Next up I had to recondition the Brembo Goldline Master Cylinder, so I stripped, bead blasted, painted and new seals and she looks good to go. I picked up some Titanium banjo bolts and it's all looking Schweeet.....

Next up the rear wheel assembly....

Attachments:
Ducati TT2 Brembo Goldline Caliper.jpg
Ducati TT2 Brembo Goldline Caliper.jpg [ 255.11 KiB | Viewed 1074 times ]
Ducati TT2 Fairing Stay 2.jpg
Ducati TT2 Fairing Stay 2.jpg [ 225.57 KiB | Viewed 1074 times ]
Ducati TT2 Fairing Stay 1.jpg
Ducati TT2 Fairing Stay 1.jpg [ 302.24 KiB | Viewed 1074 times ]
Ducati TT2 Fairing Stay Late Type.jpg
Ducati TT2 Fairing Stay Late Type.jpg [ 400.99 KiB | Viewed 1074 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:43 am 

corsa wrote:
G'day, again.
So, in putting my TT2 back to 80's period race trim, I needed a steel tubular fairing stay, just a couple of problems.

1. I didn't have one.
2. I didn't know anyone who had one.

But the Ducati Gods were smiling on me, and Graeme came to the rescue! Nice... Thank you very very much!! It's People like this that restores my faith in humanity. He kindly lent me a sample to copy so I could make a small batch of them. A big thank you!!

So, with some tube, some steel, a Mig welder and a lathe I set to work and made some fixtures, from what I can gather there are Two types of fairing stay used on the TT2, I call them the early and late types, the only real difference is the early type has the Citroen Oil Cooler and smaller flat steel brackets and the later type has a single flat plate to fix the later oil cooler onto it. My bike is being built up to early 80's spec so I'm going with the early type fairing stay.

Next up I had to recondition the Brembo Goldline Master Cylinder, so I stripped, bead blasted, painted and new seals and she looks good to go. I picked up some Titanium banjo bolts and it's all looking Schweeet.....

Next up the rear wheel assembly....

hello, you will need to shorten the steel rods of your fork in magnesium?

Or is the photo that deceives the view?

CIAO, Carlo!!

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:40 pm 

Vintage Laverdas also used this oil cooler, with a variety of line fittings on them. I have a couple of the starter button/solenoids for the Mini (or some other British car); they are a bit heavy, and will require clever placement to fit onto the plate and into the frame, but I think they will work. MikeV

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:37 am 

G'day Carlo.
Yes, the forks were flush with the top Triple Clamps, I've since moved them through the clamps so that I have 490mm from the bottom of the lower triple clamp to the centre of the axle. This seems to be a "Ballpark" figure and will do until the bikes running. I've attached a pic of the forks as the bike is now.

Ciao.
Lee.

Attachments:
Ducati TT2 Front End 490mm.jpg
Ducati TT2 Front End 490mm.jpg [ 205.78 KiB | Viewed 1028 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next