DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 600SS/750SS Brake Master Cylinders
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:49 pm 

As I'm trying to overcome the "Growing Pains" of my forthcoming TT2 project, I thought that I might share some of that pain with other forumisti!

My object is the build a superlight (hyperlight?) TT2. One aim in this approach is to run with a SINGLE front disc, and as the bike will be SO damn light, it wont NEED two platters to get it to stop............. My query is thus: We all know that the (particularly the early) Ducati 600SS and 750SS bikes were often ALSO equipped with single discs. Does anybody know if those single-disc bikes were built with a smaller-than-normal bore front master cylinder to match better the single disc operation.....................? I will no doubt use a master cylinder from a jap small bike, but It WOULD be interesting to know if those in Bologna applied correct engineering to this task............

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: 600SS/750SS Brake Master Cylinders
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:48 pm 

Hi Poison, Vintage Brake has a chart that might help you.www.vintagebrake.com/mastercylinder.htm Good luck. Lou

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: 600SS/750SS Brake Master Cylinders
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:43 am 

Thanks for that, Lou! Will check-out that site ASAP................however delving into the subject in a couple of UK-based sites, seem to indicate that the single-disc bikes carried a 16mm master cyclinder, while their twin-disc shod brothers had 18mm master cylinders................. It seems additionally, that loads of folks - for purely aesthetic reasons (!), converted from single to twin discs................so where are all the discarded 16mm brake master cylinders................................???

Profile Personal album