DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Aussie TT2 track bike build
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:45 pm 

Do not worry Steve, I'm here. When you want to.

Ciao Dall'Italia. ;)

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:44 am 

Sorry Carlo,
been very busy doing oltre cose.

However, I do have a number of other questions whilst I'm thinking about the rear calliper bracket fitting....
These are:
1. What is the thickness of the aluminium fairing brackets please?
2. what is the approximate size/dimensions of the oil cooler and where do the hoses go from the engine to the oil cooler & again from the oil cooler to the cam covers please?
3. What other Ducati oil cooler can I use to substitute for the TT2 if I'm using a replica instrument bracket where the hole centres are about 180.0mm apart?

If you need photos or drawings......

Please,
Thanks,
Steve

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:54 pm 

Hi Steve, I know this is for Carlo but if I can help why not. The fairing brackets I have are 4mm thick by 25mm wide. As far as the cooler is concerned the IPRAH coolers used on the Paso should work fine. If you are using an ORSP fairing subframe you will have to 'curve' it to fit the cooler properly. Much easier done before it's welded up but I have done them with a convex hammer and they come out fine.Once you bend it the right amount it will slip over the cooler fittings otherwise the holes are to wide. Some TT2's like Carlos, use the old 750ss bevel race package cooler and have a different subframe. These are really hard to find. Lou

Attachments:
immagine%20070.jpg
immagine%20070.jpg [ 41.56 KiB | Viewed 949 times ]
SDC10069.JPG
SDC10069.JPG [ 2.41 MiB | Viewed 949 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:51 pm 

Hello Friends, our dear Lou is always very kind to help the problems of members of the forum, I completely agree with my friend Lou, the radiator Paso is right, but there are radiators of the Ducati Monster, which are very similar .

Now I'm going to sleep because tomorrow morning I will go to an Italian league game speeds up, I will be away for the weekend.

I was told not to do more road races, but this is a very famous race in a very beautiful, so I could not resist.

I'll show you a photo I have taken last year.

Ciao Dall'Italia e GASSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments:
IMG_7502.JPG
IMG_7502.JPG [ 6.03 MiB | Viewed 940 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:33 pm 

I only count one person in that photo that is really enjoying themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:42 pm 

Steve, I have an oil cooler from a '95 SS you can have if it will help. Looks like the black cooler in Lou's second picture.
Graeme

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:07 pm 

Thanks Lou, Carlo & Graeme! The most helpful of fellow members right here!

Other images & even photos I took of Ron Young's TT2 racing bike had me convinced that the brackets were at least 4mm thick. Is this the same for the upper fairing brackets? The photos of the race bike look narrower. Maybe 20mm?

Lou, does one oil hose run from the oil pressure switch (if I not use one) to the oil cooler and then from the cooler split to the cam heads? I have seen on some bikes 2 lines going/returning from the oil cooler to the engine, sometimes through the clutch cover near the oil pump??? Could you share some photos of these hose runs please? I do appreciate it.

Graeme, I will PM you for that oil cooler. Looks like I'll have to ship up a case of Cascade?

Thanks heaps to everyone. This forum makes this project & experience worthwhile. Otherwise, if I had the money....I'd simply buy an original!

Cheers,
Steve

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:22 pm 

Hi Steve, the upper and lower brackets are the same size. The two brackets that are just below the windscreen and hold the upper from flopping around are a different size. I am not in my shop to measure them but I have noticed these sizes vary on originals. I will try to take pics and give dimensions tomorrow. Now as far as the oil line routing goes, I have seen these a few different ways. What I find on 'original' bikes TT1 and 2 is that they route the oil cooler pressure switch outlet over the top of the motor to a 'T' that feeds oil to the vertical and horizontal cam ends. On bikes with NCR and GPM clutches they have an inlet and outlet for direct feed to the cooler. I have seen TT2 wet clutch bikes have a 'bung' welded to the clutch housing and they plumb the other side of the oil cooler from the oil pressure switch, you can then run a second line from the cooler ( like in the enclosed picture of a factory TT with stacked banjo fittings) with a 'T' to the cam ends. I guess you can always run it like my old F1a, oil line from the pressure switch outlet to one side of the cooler and from the other side of the cooler to the cam end covers. This is all assuming your motor was running cam end cap external oil lines. Sorry if the pictures don't show things too well. I hope this helps. Lou

Attachments:
get-attachment-3.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-3.aspx.jpeg [ 927.29 KiB | Viewed 887 times ]
immagine%20078.jpg
immagine%20078.jpg [ 38.05 KiB | Viewed 887 times ]
SDC10329.JPG
SDC10329.JPG [ 277.85 KiB | Viewed 887 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:20 am 

ducttf1 wrote:
This is all assuming your motor was running cam end cap external oil lines.

Thanks heaps for this info Lou.
I plan to tap banjo threads (namely M8x1) and banjo eye inlets from a "T' piece, from a line coming from the oil cooler on the LHS of the bike where there looks to be cast bosses on the cam covers. I was thinking I could simply use the oil pressure switch location to run the oil line TO the oil cooler. Is there any other requirement that I need to be mindful of WITHIN the engine to use an oil cooler for a relative stock Pantah 600 engine? Relative being.... cheap....hehehe.

Lou, whilst Carlo is busy having way too much fun, could I get you to confirm the vertical upper fairing bracket sizes please? They all look different on different bikes.....

Thanks once again.
Steve

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:53 pm 

Carlo wrote:
Hello Friends, our dear Lou is always very kind to help the problems of members of the forum, I completely agree with my friend Lou, the radiator Paso is right, but there are radiators of the Ducati Monster, which are very similar .

Now I'm going to sleep because tomorrow morning I will go to an Italian league game speeds up, I will be away for the weekend.

I was told not to do more road races, but this is a very famous race in a very beautiful, so I could not resist.

I'll show you a photo I have taken last year.

Ciao Dall'Italia e GASSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlo Gasssss!!!! Leoncini is 1st again!

It was worth the trip Carlo. (and the wrath of your wife?)

http://salita.ficr.it/tab_schedule.asp? ... stazione=9

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next