DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Aussie TT2 track bike build
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:41 pm 

Finally...
after about 1.5 years in the making, I have now started my dream bike TT2 replica build!
So many things needed to be done before this project was ever to get off the ground. The wife (aka finance minister) wanted a new home. Then I needed to get the workshop sorted (partially done) and now it's time for this project.

I hope to bring you some photos of the build in various stages and more so when I require your knowledge and experience/suggestions. So get ready. Oh, I should say this will take me a while too. I'll also building retaining walls around the house to establish a garden, alfresco room and a vegetable patch for some tomatoes.

So, starting with the frame & swingarm background, this is a Steve Bridge of F1E replica. The tacho support is from Old Racing Spares. The engine you see below is from a donor 600SL Pantah big basket manual clutch.
The engine is currently being dismantled so it's lighter to be supported to determine frame to swingarm setup. Graeme, assisted me with setting up the droop angle to measure up for a rear shock that is required.
Most of the other stuff I have ready to go.

So, sit back and enjoy the show... and tears of pleasure & pain.....

Steve

Attachments:
File comment: The start....
TT2 Frame.jpg
TT2 Frame.jpg [ 214.62 KiB | Viewed 4585 times ]

Post subject: Re: Aussie TT2 track bike build
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:39 pm 

Hi Steve

I hope it is mostly pleasure but if there is any pain......I see you have the plenty of 'medicine' close to hand to dull the ache :D

Joe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:58 am 

Hello Steve, before you begin your project, remember that you must come to my house because you have to paint my fence, and then remember that you must go to Lou Saif house because you have to mow the lawn, and then you have to go Mik house and also Loud Bike, because you have to adjust the avenue in front of the house, then you will do your project tt2. :shock:

But why in this forum, to make writing ITALIAN? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GOOD WORK. Carlo Leoncini.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:00 am 

Hello Steve, before you begin your project, remember that you must come to my house because you have to paint my fence, and then remember that you must go to Lou Saif house because you have to mow the lawn, and then you have to go Mik house and also Loud Bike, because you have to adjust the avenue in front of the house, then you will do your project tt2. :shock:

But why in this forum, to make writing ITALIAN? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GOOD WORK. Carlo Leoncini.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:11 am 

:evil: Ciao Carlo, non scherzare!
Now it's time for me only and my project.... except for the garden....

Carlo, have you received your packaging that you originally sent me, and with some small gifts from Australia? I do hope you have????

Thanks again my good man. Don't forget, you must come here for some Abruzzese homestyle cooking!

Ciao and thanks for your best wishes.
Steve

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:14 am 

TT1 wrote:
Hi Steve

I hope it is mostly pleasure but if there is any pain......I see you have the plenty of 'medicine' close to hand to dull the ache :D

Joe

Hi Joe, thanks for your reply. You may have noticed that the slab is EMPTY!!
It doesn't keep for long.
Cheers,
Steve

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:33 am 

Folks,
bit by bit....
Fitted front wheel, callipers and set up the rake angle to 24 deg using the old box of the kitchen rangehood & pine framing!
Once the engine is stripped & empty cases bolted up to the frame, we'll set the swing-arm droop angle.

The front wheel is off my 600SL Pantah FPS aluminium cast wheel, which I regret polishing the sides. Lesson learnt.
These will do until I win Tatts and buy some replica Campys. Front forks are Marzocchi 35mm cast aluminium and F05 Brembo callipers. These I will paint magnesium colour and anodise the callipers gold when it's time to assemble the finished project. For now, everything is stock & worn out.
The fork braces (or yokes) will remain black.

Slowly slowly......

Cheers,
Steve

P.S. That beer case is somehow always showing up in the photos.....

Attachments:
Front wheel.jpg
Front wheel.jpg [ 251.19 KiB | Viewed 4487 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:09 am 

:? Folks,
another thing that is confusing me (and I'm well & truly not at this stage....just gathering information) is why the "DUCATI" tank decal is slanted on this factory image from 1981;
Attachment:
Factory1.jpg
Factory1.jpg [ 80.39 KiB | Viewed 4466 times ]

And, placed horizontally like the TR bike at Daytona in 1983;
Attachment:
ducati_tt2_01.jpg
ducati_tt2_01.jpg [ 104.74 KiB | Viewed 4466 times ]

Can anybody assist me with this. I understand there were differences like 2 years..., but what is the groups' consensus?

Cheers,
Steve

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:46 am 

Hello Steve, your photos are bikes authentic, I think, in my humble opinion is that you're given the answer yourself.

The first photographs were taken before the industry DUCATI are tilted, then when the bikes TT2 entered to compete in the circuits, the mechanics that year or those who attacked the adhesive as he pleased, the mechanics were very careful to stop watch, even if the adhesive is tilted does nothing.

This is the opinion of a fool ITALIAN.

Why not ask us to our beloved guru and luminary SLINN PAT?

But the Guru is Saif? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Courage Pat, we are all waiting. :lol:
I hope you understand what I say.

Carlo.

I forgot!

I take this opportunity to thank all our American friends, today is the anniversary of the liberation of Italy, and if I'm here to talk and joke with you it is because of so many young Americans, British, and all the military forces that we they rescued in those terrible moments.
Of course, I do not want to talk politics, I just wanted to say this thing here.

Thanks again Carlo Leoncini.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:11 pm 

Happy Holiday Carlo, I think the sticker placement is an interesting question. I think it was pretty much a toss up as to opinion, but I will say this, when the bike is leaning into a corner the Ducati name is seen much better with the decal is placed on an angle. What the real reason is I don't know but as I have said before no two things ever seem to be the same on these TT's.

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next