DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Bitsa in the guise of a TT2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:10 am 

Hi finally started my build after a drink last weekend and set a goal to aim for, next years TT. Tacked up a jig and machined the steering head and bobbins for the frame tubes. I will be using a 600 SL motor with ST2 front end, monster back wheel to keep with the 17 " front, 900 ss swing arm will also have a go at making an alloy tank. I have a TT2 fairing and seat unit from Ragged edge.

Attachments:
IMG_0867.JPG
IMG_0867.JPG [ 2.11 MiB | Viewed 4166 times ]

Damn Few And They're A' Died!
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Bitsa in the guise of a TT2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:35 am 

Now this is what I can starting from scratch. We will watch your progress. MikeV

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:58 pm 

Nice mower. Good luck with your project. Really wish I could ride to the IoM.
Bill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:24 am 

At least you can call your new creation a BITSATI............................................!!! !!! !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:22 pm 

Your mowing machine is equipped with a 916 engine sbk? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with your project!

Carlo Leoncini.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:21 pm 

Carlo wrote:
Your mowing machine is equipped with a 916 engine sbk? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with your project!

Carlo Leoncini.

Had to de-tune it to 11hp as it was ripping up the grass and ruining the lawn.

Just back from a couple of weeks holiday in France. Had some thought on how I am going to approach this project have decided to go with the F1 chassis as this will be easier to copy the back tubes for the subframe without too much cursing, instead of trying to bend tube from the head stock down past the rear head then out and upwards for the seat support. I don't have any drawings or a chassis for reference only a mountain of pictures.(unless someone on here has a drawing on file they are willing to share !?) ;)

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:03 pm 

Dropped the other half off at the airport early this afternoon she will be working in Johannesburg for the next two weeks, so some "me time" in between looking after the offspring x 4. :roll:

Managed to bend the four tubes from the headstock this afternoon. Feels good finally making a start to this project after many years collecting the pieces look forward to the shelve space once everything has been pieced together. :D

Have decided to go with the F1 looking chassis as I have a play bending run of the mill erw tube to see if I could get the bending done correctly for the subframe to fit the seat unit, but decided against it as I do not have anything other than photos for reference and was not willing to waste the T45 tubing if I got it wrong, also if I do ever twist the rear subframe it would be an easy repair.

Question On the rear mounts how is the engine fixed to the chassis? is there a continuous bolt all the way through or are the engine mounts heli-coiled like the front ones in which case I can use an allen bolt? if it is bolt and nut I will have to make the boss that the rear tube fixes to 30mm in dia as there is not enough meat on the material to machine out to accept an M10 nut and socket.

Attachments:
File comment: From above
IMG_1100.JPG
IMG_1100.JPG [ 1.81 MiB | Viewed 3990 times ]
File comment: L/H
IMG_1101.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG [ 1.71 MiB | Viewed 3990 times ]
File comment: R/H
IMG_1099.JPG
IMG_1099.JPG [ 1.98 MiB | Viewed 3990 times ]
File comment: Top tubes front
IMG_1098.JPG
IMG_1098.JPG [ 1.63 MiB | Viewed 3990 times ]
File comment: Top tubes rear
IMG_1097.JPG
IMG_1097.JPG [ 1.94 MiB | Viewed 3990 times ]

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:31 pm 

It is a long bolt from side to side.
Succes with the build!

Jarno

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:41 pm 

Sam, you know it would save you a HEAP of trouble if you were to beg, steal or borrow an original (or copy) of the TT1 or TT2 frame. I have such a thing (TT2 frame) sitting on the floor of my lounge,waiting to be taken out of the country this week. I can tell you for example that the top tubes are welded to the SIDES of the headstock tube..........NOT as you have it, and they are splayed out at quite an angle.........I estimate about 120deg included angle, before being bent back to to be waisted where they are joined by the oval (flattened?) piece of tubing. Its probably important to get this stuff right, so you can then avail yourself of the many petrol tanks available............ Additionally there is a multitude of lugs welded-on, of which the rear seat-hump lugs are afixed at an angle (you dont SEE this in the pics.....). I wish I could send a few pix, but I am unable to download at the moment................

Re the engine bolts, its as the Pantah,except at the rear there is ONE thru bolt instead of two..............!

In any case...................Lang may your lumb reek....!!!

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:23 pm 

Hi in the pic it does look a little bit deceiving if I run a rule along the outside of the tubes they pass the centreline of the headstock I was worried that if I take them much further past that I would restrict movement due to the fork legs fouling the tubes. I could possibly take the ctr of the tube to the ctr line of the headstock. Regarding tanks I was going to make an alloy one myself I picked up a cheep pnumatic planishing hammer and English wheel on fleabay.

Poison wrote:
Sam, you know it would save you a HEAP of trouble if you were to beg, steal or borrow an original (or copy) of the TT1 or TT2 frame. I have such a thing (TT2 frame) sitting on the floor of my lounge,waiting to be taken out of the country this week. I can tell you for example that the top tubes are welded to the SIDES of the headstock tube..........NOT as you have it, and they are splayed out at quite an angle.........I estimate about 120deg included angle, before being bent back to to be waisted where they are joined by the oval (flattened?) piece of tubing. Its probably important to get this stuff right, so you can then avail yourself of the many petrol tanks available............ Additionally there is a multitude of lugs welded-on, of which the rear seat-hump lugs are afixed at an angle (you dont SEE this in the pics.....). I wish I could send a few pix, but I am unable to download at the moment................

Re the engine bolts, its as the Pantah,except at the rear there is ONE thru bolt instead of two..............!

In any case...................Lang may your lumb reek....!!!

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next