DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Setting up a TT
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:41 am 

Hi Palmer,

Droped the forks as far as possible, (raise the front) 16mm raise.

Triple clamp offset is 34mm

The fork angle with 18mm static sag is 25 to 26 degrees.
And about 90mm trail.

Underside of steering head to axle centre is 520mm with wheel off the ground. (no load, full extension)

The swing arm droop with 0mm rear static sag is now 9 degrees. (with 18mm front static sag)

Swing arm axle centre to wheel axle centre is 473mm

Rear shock is 330mm centre to centre.

Another 10mm of adjustment longer on the rear shock would be nice, your comments?

Regards
graeme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:53 pm 

Graeme,

Sounds like your close. I would suggest you should try to go longer on the rear shock to get the back end up. This would give you more swingarm droop and also help improve the steering head angle closer to 24 degrees. For F1s the shock length you are using would work with the 750ss swingarm but I don't know exactly how the TT frame measure up and if all TTs are the same since many different people built them. Can they change the body of your shock to a longer body to get the length?

You really are going to need to get free/static sag dialed into your suspension as it is more important then swingarm droop. I can't over stress how important free/static sag and also sag with your weight is to the chassis setup and the affect it has on handling. If you put 30mm in the forks and 20mm in the rear you will be close to what you have now in chassis dimensions. Ideally, I would go with a longer shock and custom triple clamps to get the forks extend further.

Personally, I like the bike to sit a little higher and sprung soft to help get some weight transfer into and out of the corners. I also run less offset in the triple clamps (22mm) to get more trail.

Palmer

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:13 am 

Thanks Palmer, I appreciate your time and wisdome.

I have the rear static sag at 10mm, but I measured everything with the rear as it was. (0 static sag)

The place I bought the shock from are ok to make a longer adjuster extension.

I'll let you know how it ends up.

Thanks for your advice.

graeme

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:17 am 

I have a TT rep. with the rear tyre connected to the throttle, what a difference!
Just did 300kms through the hills and the best way to describe the difference is it doesn't scare me.
Bumps are not an issue, it does everything nicely. Except the stiff throttle, that's next. (and the side stand is 20mm short)
Close to 12 degree of swingarm droop, drop the forks through the triple clamps 18mm and add 20mm to the shock. (was 330mm) Adjust sag and damping as per Traxxion.
Thank you for your advice, it is appreciated.

Regards
graeme

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:15 am 

Some issues to attend to,
The chain is slightly bending over the swingarm pivot when the bike is weighted. (and lots when it's not)
I'm interested in extending the forks a little more so I can reduce the shock length a small amount, but the options I have seen are to have another top triple clamp made or buy fork extenders.
Has anyone used fork extenders? (Showa 748 forks and clamps)

Graeme