DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is this forum dying? We have only 366 members.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:01 am 

Hi All,

In the nearly TEN years this forum has been operating it has only attracted 366 members. Most members have never contributed - or bothered to read the posts.

To put that 366 members into to context - the HyperPantah Facebook forum which caters for the same Pantah/F1/TT audience has been running for only 12 months. In that time it has accumulated 3,600 members with an average of 3,500 visits per month!

I regularly share posts from this Forum on HyperPantah to direct interest here, but since one member here scolded me for sharing images of his build outside of this Forum & consequently unfriended me on FB I have my doubts about doing the same in future.

NOTE: The number of current readers can be determined by number of views of the image below.

Top 25 Sharers
Attachment:
File comment: 366 Members and the Top 25 contributors. I am pleased - as the Administrator I made the top 10!
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 544.97 KiB | Viewed 4746 times ]

Facebook group with the same audience.
Attachment:
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG [ 225.77 KiB | Viewed 4746 times ]

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Is this forum dying? We have only 366 members.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:53 am 

Carlo wins again !!!!

He won last time too,,,,

I think this is a very good forum with lots of very respected and smart people contributing with shared knowledge and experience to help mortals like me .

Keep it up

Graeme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:06 am 

Also,

Hello Mike, maybe it’s a Facebook thing?
Young people tend to be members of Facebook?
I would guess most of the members here were around and riding when Ing. Taglioni penned the first Pantah? (and long before)
Personally I’m not keen on sharing my life day by day on Facebook as some do.
(perhaps there is little difference posting here?)
I’m not a Facebook member and don’t intend to be.

Graeme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:47 am 

I believe posting pics on FB is, now easier than posting pics on a web site.
This because "hosting site" such as photobuket chance they policy and ask money to share pics to third party.
But also on Flickr is not so easy to share.
I can do a link to; but not share the pics on a site.
The above could be one of the reason wy web site are loosing contributors on the last few years.
I'm active on an other bike related forum and I noticed the same problem there:
I'm not on FB so I will continue using web sites, like this, for share my passion/hobby.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:23 am 

yeah......I am surprised there isnt a little more activity. I am generally lurking behind the scenes on most forums, on this one I show as an active/top 10 member (and I haven't been on it that long). Iam an old guy, not really a facebook lover, but not against trolling on there either. This forum doesn't seem to have any general motorcycle or bull shi* category. I don't know if that's good or bad. People on this list don't tend to use it that way. That kind of stuff does increase traffic.

I have actually not posted on a couple of occasions because I thought it looked like I was posting too much compared to others. Then since I am not really a TT/F1 expert like some on this list, I thought I better muffle it.

See ya,
Clay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:22 pm 

I am new and pretty active. I think... I do not have fb, so this is my social media... :)

/Björn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:45 pm 

I guess I'll weigh in on this one. To start with, if this was, or is, a money making endeavor it would suck! Could we use more postings with more frequency? Sure, but I like to think of this Forum as quality over quantity. I too don't indulge myself on facebook and post every bolt I turn or every bike I build. I do try to share, on our Forum, stuff that might help guys get through some of their projects. Asking questions when I need some help. I did belong to bevelheads and some other forums and found too many egos and assholes to be frank. This 'little', sparingly used, forum is perfect in many ways. People from all over the earth, here for no other reason than sharing info, enthusiasm, and friendship. No, not the most popular thing on the internet by far, but I love it, and look everyday. I apologize for not posting more. I will try, and in response to Cal, post as much as you like. I always enjoy reading your posts. No egos or bad attitudes, just friendship and passion. Lou

Attachments:
IMG_0068.jpg
IMG_0068.jpg [ 310.32 KiB | Viewed 4701 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:25 pm 

Holy crap, I made the list. Come on, that can't be right. I'll confess, I'm also on Facebook. Mostly to look and see what problems other Ducati owners are having and how they get around them. When I need answers, I go to the "Well of knowledge" fed by people who actually know what they are talking about. That is this web site. I visit this site every day. Sometimes more than once. And, when it comes to friendship, how better does it get when a someone you've never met goes out of their way to share their knowledge, experiences, and photos(many from their personal history) to help you get over a rough spot you are having? There is no other site on the internet that can compare to the members on this forum. And as long as it is up, it will be as much of my day as my morning coffee. That being said, I will be now one post closer to Mike and Carlo. Several hundred more and I'll have them in my sights.

Best regards and a million thank yous to everyone who has contributed to the special place.

Flattop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:02 pm 

This is best site as I would not have been able to build my bikes without the knowledge and advice that you can get on here. Everyone is extremely helpful.
Have to make sure we don’t loose the site as there is too much information on it
I look most days and don’t log
Cheers Jon

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:59 pm 

This is THE BEST and most friendly,helpfull site that I visit,with quality rather than quantity .Our TT,S and Pantahs are the closest we,ll get to a works bike,we,re all so passionate about them. PROPER BIKES. I look in every day.Like many,i,m not a facebook,guy,too old I suppose to be telling everyone what I had for dinner etc. I can,t believe the enthusiasm on this site,it,s wonderfull.