DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: 27, 28 & 29 May 2016 - TT / F1 Race and Symposium 2016 A
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:16 am 

Booked a flight for Assen from our remote corner of the smoking remains of the British Empire.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:23 am 

I'll be there with the Enfield and some French lads

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:28 pm 

OK, you guys made me push the button, I'm in. Assen it is! Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:10 pm 

Good going Lou! Have fun!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:16 pm 

Now I have to buy you and Cranky a sausage !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:45 pm 

WOW, that sounds great Pat! Cranky really pushed me to go to Assen, knowing I will now be eating bread and water as my diet. Do they have ice? Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:59 am 

Wow guys, great to welcome you all in Assen.

Let me share a latest update by sharing the newsletter I send out to all racers, demo riders and symposium exhibitors.
In the race we have around 40 registered riders and bikes right now. With some special bikes like Michael Rutters 2015 IoM machine and the 1986 Italian Champoinship winning Moretti Ducati. But also a good mix of TT2's, TT1's, OpenTT bikes and SuperPantah's like reploca's of the 1980 Formula 2 factory bikes. The official Symposium will be opened on Sathurday but we have a group photo opportunity on the circuit on Friday around 18:00. We build up a TT & F1 Piazza with the paddock around it, on the square 4 open tents and a big closed one. The Museum might be there, it seems in Bologna they gave it a green light but the costs for transport is a discussion piece between Bologna and the Ducati Importer in the Netherlands (so burn a candle for this). So many things are going on and many people are comming to Assen. We also will have more tracktime, we have been oferred to ride in the Paradelaps on Sunday together with the Britten's. I have offered Crancky to ride my Santamonica and Paul Emile's F1 will be ridden by Margret Lingen (the lovely lady hat raced TT's on IoM in the 80's) in the paradelaps. So that brings me to preparing bikes, mine will go on the dyno for some serious tweeking next week so I guess the most important things are ready..... Well, thats not true, there are plenty of more things that need to be finished but that is just going fine with all the help we get from volunteers, the Ducati Club Netherlands and the TT & F1 comunity all over the place. Thanks for that.

Cheers, Ron

Ps, if you want to eat with us mail me for a registration form at ron_verweij(at)live.com Also if you are racing, riding the demo or want to bring your bike mail me for the 'present your bike A4' so we can give the judges and visitors some background on the bikes and passion of their owners for it.

Quote:
Dear Ducati TT & F1 enthusiast,

It’s about a month we come together on the Dutch holy grounds of the TT Assen track and it’s about time we start to share with you the full symposium program and ask your feedback on some very important questions like shirt size and food ;-)

The First Ducati TT & F1 Cup race is nearly full!
At this moment the race is nearly full, we have as I write this now around 40 bikes and riders for the race, about 12 in the Demo and that means we will have more than 50 TT’s and F1’s on the track. That is amazing isn’t it! I never would have imagined we would get such response so I want to thank you all in advance for making this happens. Now let us have a lot of fun living our passion next month.

Ducati TT & F1 part of the Paradelaps!
The Ducati Clubrace (DCR) organization invited us to make an extra appearance as part of Sunday’s Paradelaps together with the Britten’s and many other special bikes and riders. This will cost 10, - Euro and you can register during the weekend. This is not a race and more an opportunity to give the Demo riders more track-time and the racers more laps to get to know the track.

Ducati TT & F1 Symposium and Race Program
See the attached preliminary programm, the dinner is changed already to 19:00 and we await the final race programm to adjust our Symposium timetable.

The Symposium
We have a good number of special bikes that will be exhibited and have a closed tent and the 4 open pagoda tents to build a nice presentation of all our machines. The paddock will be around the ‘TT & F1 Piazza’ and during the whole weekend we will have a Classic Ducati Parking on the Piazza. When you bring your bike to show, ride a demo or race you are automatically part of the bike show and can expect a very knowledgeable jury to drool over you bike. To help them please fill in the attached ‘presentation of your bike’; print it in color and bring it with you, we will provide stands. The award ceremony will be together with the closing of the Symposium on Sunday.

For those that not race but do exhibit their bikes we need your name and bikes to give you access to the paddock. Also we recognize you contribute to the event so give you as racer exhibiter and a helper free access to the event and a T-shirt especially designed for the event. Please share with us your shirt size so we can save you one !
We have some very special bikes on display but there is still room for more so please spread the word and bring your friends but let them register. There is also a rumor the Museum is coming to Assen and although lights in Bologna are on green the Ducati importer is asked to pay the transport so things are not 100% sure.

Ducati TT & F1 dinner!
As you can see we also arranged a ‘TT & F1 dinner’ and found this Pizza Food truck that will serve us some very special Pizza’s especially designed for the event. For this we like you to fill in the added response document that needs to be returned before May 22nd, because based on the number of eaters they can do their purchasing. The price will be 15, - Euro’s per Pizza and this must be paid at the welcome center when you arrive! This is because the TT Assen don’t allow food sales during the event through non official partners, this is seen as catering and is allowed 

Symposium Talks
After the dinner we have the ‘Symposium Talks’ in the TT Assen Press Center. Since the theme of this Symposium is the 35th celebration of this fantastic machine will the speakers on the event represent past and present of racing. So we will have riders and mechanics of the past and present to share with us photo’s, stories, anecdotes and maybe even some technical tuning tips. It will be held in the TT Assen Press center and since it’s the perfect place to give you as audience plenty of time to ask questions. We are for now sure about two speakers who both have much more to tell we can host in the talks, but we are sure the complete weekend all speakers are easy approachable for further questions, stories and anecdotes.

Trunk Sales
The Ducati Club is allowing us to do some ‘trunk sales’ of Pantah, TT and F1 parts. The maximum of parts you are allowed to sell is the equivalent of 2 moving boxes maximum. On behalf of many of us I ask you to bring the parts with you want to sell, swap or give away (!) to help us passionate owners to find that one part you have been looking for for years. If you want to sell more, contact the organization who will give you more details about official sales stands.

Entrance to Circuit
The welcome center is the only entrance of the circuit during the event and when your name is on the list of racers, demo riders, VIP’s or Symposium exhibitor you get free access to the paddock for the complete event.Here you will pay the 15,- Euro's for the dinner and recieve the pizza and t-shirt voucher (if you are a racer, demo rider, VIP or symposium exhibitor)

Please return the questionnaire and fill in the presentation A4 of your bike and print it. We will see you next month in Assen and its going to be a great weekend! If there are questions contact us via mail ron_verweij(at)live.com

Best regards, Paul Emile, Ron, Andre and many other volunteers.

Attachments:
Programma Symposium & Race.JPG
Programma Symposium & Race.JPG [ 132.07 KiB | Viewed 1422 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:43 pm 

Dear all,

There is a lot to say about last weekend but seriously its too much to process right now so I want to say it with a small youtube video, enjoy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA5nTaeXeqA

Later much more from all of us.

Best regards,

Ron

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:22 pm 

Hi All! Got back last night from the 9th Symposium at Assen. All I can says is without a doubt this was the most spectacular one yet! Ron and Paul have set the standard for Ducati events as far as I've seen short of WDW, and frankly I think this is better. The enthusiasm and hard work done by the Ducati clubs (as more than one was in attendance) was amazing! The track was incredible and with over 40 TT's and F1's in attendance you couldn't close your eye's for a minute. The comaraderie, new friendships, and not to mention, having many Ducati legends at the track was a dream come true. Rino Carracchi (NCR), his son Stefano, Pat Slinn, Greg Pullen (author of the latest Ducati TT book), Glyn Robinson (Sports Motorcycles), Jan Grinta (RedFox), Paul Smart, Two Wheel Classics, Moto Louigi,Giorgio Casolari (Gia-Co-Moto), Olivier Ribette (Ducati Owners club of France), Rudi Wasner (Rudi's TT site), the beautiful Margaret Linger (Isle of Man racer on a TT), Bob Robbins brought one of the two Brittens in attendance. So many more and I am sorry for all the people I haven't mentioned. Honestly I am still processing all that happend and dealing with the jet lag. No worries as many pictures will be posted in the coming days. I just wanted to start thanking Ron and Paul Emile ( because I know I will be thanking them many times more) for including Cranky and me in all the festivities and making us feel more than welcome. My words cannot describe what a wonderful event was created by our fellow enthusaist, BRAVO! Lou
P.S. Pictures are of Pat Slinn and one of the original Willems TT2 bikes, Glyn Robinson trying to teach Paul Smart a thing or two about bevel clutches, Olivier Ribette president of the Ducati Owners Club of France, and my travel buddy Crankyroller (Mike Weber) at the starting line with Pat Slinn and Rudi Wasssner to the right of the photo.

Attachments:
DSC_0074.JPG
DSC_0074.JPG [ 7.42 MiB | Viewed 1207 times ]
DSC_0066.JPG
DSC_0066.JPG [ 6.39 MiB | Viewed 1207 times ]
DSC_0069.JPG
DSC_0069.JPG [ 6.33 MiB | Viewed 1207 times ]
DSC_0062.JPG
DSC_0062.JPG [ 7.09 MiB | Viewed 1207 times ]
DSC_0072.JPG
DSC_0072.JPG [ 6.16 MiB | Viewed 1207 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:55 am 

hi Lou

it was a fantastic event indeed . we had a nice conversation to .

Eldert Rademaker ( the Ducati single guy with the Californian accent )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next