DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pantah_Good RIP
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:24 am 

Our friend Bill Swenson (pantah_good ) passed away from complications of ALS disease last night.
He was a unique, interesting character. His dedication and contribution to motorcycles, TT and F1 bikes in particular will be greatly missed.
-Mike Weber-

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Pantah_Good RIP
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:04 am 

Although I never met Bill in person, I can't help but feel like I've just lost a close friend. Bill brought a lot of good information and advise to the forum, that benefited many of us. He also kept things on the light side with his humorous comments and pictures, that had me laughing on many occasions. That is what I'm going to miss the most.

Rest in peace Mr. Swenson.

With heartfelt condolences to his family and friends....
Robert Berg

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:38 am 

I finally met Bill at the 2013 TT Symposium in New Hampshire. He was still racing some, and enjoying his fellow racers and working on other bikes. Certainly going to miss his contributions to the group. There was a lot of experience in there.

Mike Vogt

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:34 am 

I consider myself blessed to have known Bill. He had a great sense of humor, quick and witty. Even if he was the brunt of the joke. A terrific bike builder who loved riding everything. When his beautiful bevel 900SS was in the Ducati Superbike Concorso he drove his old Saab from Vermont to Laguna Seca for the finals, with a small trailer towing his 900. He made it an adventure, so he and his son could spend time together. His generosity was legendary. He built race bikes and let his friend race them all out. If they crashed, no problem, he would rebuild them. He found great satisfaction in his bike building. He loved Springer Spaniels, and always had a few dogs he rescued from bad homes. He missed a lot of get togethers cause he didn't want to leave them alone too long. His many contributions on this Forum can never be replaced. He cared about society and all walks of people, a veteran, an engineer, and a kind soul. God Speed Bill, the world will be a lot more empty with you gone. Lou

Attachments:
images-1.jpeg
images-1.jpeg [ 8.09 KiB | Viewed 9157 times ]

Last edited by ducttf1 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:05 pm 

Lou those are profound and true words. Reflecting on the years I realized Bill changed me. There are few in my life that can claim this.
Everything happened at light speed for Bill. There was never time to worry about money or consequences of his actions. He readily made fun of this German who had to have everything organized and rationalized. What a waste of time would be his comment. Just get on it and get on with it was his response. Parts were always on the way and bikes were always going together. I had a part he needed and 3 hours of driving later there would be a knock on my door. No use to wait till the post could deliver! I felt his presence many times as my finger plunged down on the “buy it now” button. I think this approach or philosophy if you will was fermented from his tour of duty in the Vietnam war. Can’t come back from an experience like that without some additional character! Some of his posting on the war with the recent Ken Burns special are revealing. His giving and philosophical nature probably can be traced to that experience as well. In many proverbially ways he swam in the deep end of the pool and enjoyed life.
The Emails and phone calls stopped last Sunday and the silence is deafening. My bikes will still go together and I will go ride them. It will just happen faster and more often because Bill changed me.

Attachments:
P1000889.JPG
P1000889.JPG [ 1.37 MiB | Viewed 9141 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:51 pm 

Bills enthusiasm for the sport was totally unselfish and giving, a good heart and soul to the core. Farewell my friend. :(

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:51 pm 

D.E.P.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:37 pm 

So sorry to hear!! I knew he was having health issues, but didnt realize he was in such serious/bad shape. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to meet him in person. I did get a chance to know a little bit about him via personal emails, his love of airplanes/helicopters, flying Chinooks, engineering work, etc. He had a TR4 and stuffed his BSA 441 in the back of it to move back to east coast, etc. We had both worked for McDonnell Douglas but him in St Louis, me on the west coast.

He's a guy that I wish I could have had a chance to hang out with!!

Condolences to his family and friends,
Clay

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:39 pm 

I met Bill for the first time at mosport when he had his tt2, with his nice new Magtan wheels.
We had a great chat, the next time we met was when I sold him the f1 I bought in Nevada,
It turned out it was the same guy he bought his tt from years before.
It was great to see the look on his face when he saw the bike for the first time.
A true gentleman, who will be sorely missed by those he touched in his life.
God Speed Bill!
Paul

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:07 pm 

It was a great honor to know Bill Swenson and enjoy his company in the family of TT/F1 friends. So sorry to hear of his passing. He built some beautiful bikes, rode many and generously let others like Robbie Nigl ride them to victory.

Godspeed Bill. See you soon.

Here are a few pictures for us to enjoy.

Rich P.

Attachments:
IMOC 2011 2.jpg
IMOC 2011 2.jpg [ 1.09 MiB | Viewed 9091 times ]
Loudon P89 2012.jpg
Loudon P89 2012.jpg [ 904.61 KiB | Viewed 9091 times ]
Barber 2011.jpg
Barber 2011.jpg [ 2.92 MiB | Viewed 9091 times ]
IMOC 2011.jpg
IMOC 2011.jpg [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 9091 times ]