DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM
 
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2026 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Didn't like my first template. Made another. Now it's ready to cut. Lou


Attachments:
IMG_6544.JPG
IMG_6544.JPG [ 1.68 MiB | Viewed 669 times ]
Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2026 3:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Well I finally made the cut out. Looks better than I thought it would. Slow like a turtle, and it should paint up nicely. I'll glue it in place with Fusor so no holes. I also counter sunk the screw in the aluminum holding the triangle in place. Lou


Attachments:
IMG_6548.JPG
IMG_6548.JPG [ 2.07 MiB | Viewed 649 times ]
IMG_6547.JPG
IMG_6547.JPG [ 1.79 MiB | Viewed 649 times ]
18A5AB8C-13D1-43C0-A031-7D515ED83078.jpeg
18A5AB8C-13D1-43C0-A031-7D515ED83078.jpeg [ 2.45 MiB | Viewed 649 times ]
Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2026 3:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 964
Looks great Lou!!
Well done.
Paul


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2026 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Paul is my shop mate. He lives in Canada and I'm in NY but we text everyday and encourage each other to push forward and take chances. Thanks for that Paul! I've cleaned up the duct cutout some more so the transition from the fiberglass to the duct is smooth enough for the Bonneville Salt Flats, lol! Now to use the new Fusor I've purchased. Different from what I've used in the past as the cure time is a bit longer. The other Fusor I have used dries too quickly, but is very strong. Wish me luck. I'll know in a few hours if I'm starting all over again. I've included some pictures of the gun needed and the Fusor tubes for reference. The gun costs more than the Fusor. Lou


Attachments:
IMG_6555.jpeg
IMG_6555.jpeg [ 2.77 MiB | Viewed 611 times ]
IMG_6556.jpeg
IMG_6556.jpeg [ 1.86 MiB | Viewed 618 times ]
IMG_6557.jpeg
IMG_6557.jpeg [ 1.73 MiB | Viewed 618 times ]
IMG_6558.jpeg
IMG_6558.jpeg [ 1.79 MiB | Viewed 618 times ]
IMG_6560.jpeg
IMG_6560.jpeg [ 1.75 MiB | Viewed 618 times ]
IMG_6561.jpeg
IMG_6561.jpeg [ 2.44 MiB | Viewed 618 times ]
IMG_6562.jpeg
IMG_6562.jpeg [ 2.36 MiB | Viewed 618 times ]
Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2026 7:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 2176
That transition is smooth. You mean i have to buy ANOTHER tool ! Can’t i just use something in a squeezy tube? MikeV


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2026 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Maybe Sikaflex, that comes in a tube I think we used the 221. I have to check Mike. Hey I'm sure there are tons of things to use. Jump in at anytime magnificent 7! The amount of guys reading this post! Lou


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2026 2:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
A little more work filling holes and smoothing edges a bit more. Should be good. Lou


Attachments:
IMG_6566.jpeg
IMG_6566.jpeg [ 2.84 MiB | Viewed 588 times ]
Image.jpeg
Image.jpeg [ 1.83 MiB | Viewed 588 times ]
Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:03 am
Posts: 453
Hey Lou....That turned out really nice, but I had a feeling it would. Should help with cooling that rear cylinder seeing how the Moretti wears a lot of fiberglass. Now you just have to put another one in for the clutch.
Flattop.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2026 3:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Thanks Flattop! More work? Yikes. Here are a few pictures so you can clearly see the seat modification. The aluminum is about the same thickness as the fiberglass so it lines up nicely with the backing plate to keep them level. I trimmed the top of the aluminum where the blue tape line is shown. Now I will drill the 1.5 inch hole, and weld the alloy tube to the triangle. Lou


Attachments:
IMG_6569.jpeg
IMG_6569.jpeg [ 2.99 MiB | Viewed 520 times ]
IMG_6571.jpeg
IMG_6571.jpeg [ 3.2 MiB | Viewed 520 times ]
02F7B2A6-7637-430D-AEBB-0C6219E3E7DE.jpeg
02F7B2A6-7637-430D-AEBB-0C6219E3E7DE.jpeg [ 2.71 MiB | Viewed 520 times ]
Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2026 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 2176
Now you have my attention Lou. We can inspect your TIG welding. No pressure. MikeV


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL
[ Time : 0.019s | 10 Queries | GZIP : Off ]