DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM
 
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2026 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Now it has a rear Campy. Lou


Attachments:
7B0076AD-D331-4C51-8F8C-67367698FBD8.jpeg
7B0076AD-D331-4C51-8F8C-67367698FBD8.jpeg [ 2.85 MiB | Viewed 483 times ]
Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 11:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 2176
And i think it even has a Ducati cush hub on it. A bit scarce now. Very nice.

Odd that is have not seen Moretti mentioned as the first with rising rate suspension. Or did Cobas do it first?

MikeV


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 11:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 3:02 pm
Posts: 70
Looking great Lou! Is you tank the endurance or sprint version? When Paul built the one I have it came with the endurance version and it made the seating area quite tight!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 12:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Hi Mike, yes it's nice to have the Ducati bucket style cush. That's a good question Mike, certainly that style of rising rate was new. JohnnyBravo12 it is the original endurance tank I received with the kit, but I have both tanks as when I heard one was made I ordered it from Carlo. Maybe I can take a picture for you of the sprint tank on the bike and post it. I didn't realize you had Pauls Moretti, a real beauty. Lou


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 1:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 3:02 pm
Posts: 70
I bought the sprint tank from Carlo as well. It needs to be painted still. Paul did an amazing job on my Moretti. It’s beautiful.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 4:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Been busy with my real job, but I have been pecking away at a bunch of little tasks in the garage. Finally received some small square catch bottles I found on ebay. Thankfully it just fits. Made a bracket and lock to lock clears so that's a good thing. I know it's small progress, but any progress is good. Drilled out all the Dzus fasteners as well so I am closer to getting stuff painted this winter I hope! Lou


Attachments:
IMG_6634 2.JPG
IMG_6634 2.JPG [ 2.28 MiB | Viewed 196 times ]
IMG_6633 2.JPG
IMG_6633 2.JPG [ 2.38 MiB | Viewed 196 times ]
IMG_6635 2.JPG
IMG_6635 2.JPG [ 1.91 MiB | Viewed 196 times ]
IMG_6636.JPG
IMG_6636.JPG [ 1.86 MiB | Viewed 196 times ]
IMG_6640.JPG
IMG_6640.JPG [ 1.83 MiB | Viewed 196 times ]
Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 9:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 2176
I think i see what you are doing Lou. Using the oil cooler hanger as an attachment point. I had trouble doing this with just a cooler - i got leaks and/or loose fitting with several attempts. Even tried different size O-rings, but no help. Never quite figured out why i could not do it when so many have. And now you are going to double up there. Maybe you can explain what the trick is at some point. MikeV

Is it OK to use a non-stock (not NOS) overflow vessel?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Hi Mike, I guess the seal is the first and most important thing, and that is accomplished with the fitting, an inner seal and an o ring in the fitting. Once that is tight you have your oil line secure and bottomed out, so hopefully no leak. You still have a bit of play between the holder and the cooler and for that I usually use an o ring. In this case I will use the thickness of my bracket to make up for any play and an appropriately sized o ring so it is insulated and doesn't vibrate much. Does that make sense? Lou


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL
[ Time : 0.012s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]