DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM
 
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2026 4:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:44 am
Posts: 1913
Images: 7
618F1 wrote:
This did not make me happy to hear Carlo. We are all hoping for a faster and easier recovery. Talk to MM, and see if he can help. Just keep thinking about your comeback.

Q: if someone orders a part from you can someone (Antonella) mail it?

MikeV

Hi Mike, sorry for the late reply. The shipping company I've always used can no longer ship to the USA due to duties and restrictions imposed by US laws. However, I found a way to ship privately with another company. I only have to travel 10 km to deliver the package, so if I ever need to, I think I've found the right way to do it.
A big hug to all my friends on the forum.
PS: More than 20cc of coagulated blood serum leaked from the muscle. After 70 days, it still wouldn't go away. I've now abandoned crutches to walk. I can work about three hours a day. I can't do more than that, but that's okay. Having that mass of fluid removed from my thigh muscle has made significant progress.


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2026 7:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 2176
Thanks for the update Carlo. Just as i was taking my first slurp of coffee this morning i read the part about the 20cc of blood serum. Great. That is less than a Pantah combustion chamber, you know.

But it is good that you tossed the crutches, and can hobble into the shop for a few hours. I say two months and you will be good. It will just happen one day. Maybe back to the hillclimbs then.

Take care,
MikeV


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2026 4:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Carlo, I am so glad you are getting around again. A speedy recovery my friend! Seems the older we get the longer it takes to get back in the saddle.
Still working on the Moretti. Here are a few pics from today. Still just mocking things up. I will make everything look nicer when I finish getting everything to work and fit properly. I am happy with these lights as far as size and depth. It is now easier to see why I changed the mount in the rear of the lights. They sit in a better position I believe. Lou


Attachments:
Image 6.jpeg
Image 6.jpeg [ 209.51 KiB | Viewed 4540 times ]
Image 7.jpeg
Image 7.jpeg [ 108.68 KiB | Viewed 4540 times ]
Image 8.jpeg
Image 8.jpeg [ 190.03 KiB | Viewed 4540 times ]
Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2026 10:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 2176
Well you only have so much space you can put these and still have room for the oil cooler opening. And then not be up too far into the windscreen. This looks as good as it could be. If you don’t patent the subframe/lights bracket i may have to borrow some of those features next time. MikeV


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 12:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:36 pm
Posts: 431
What a beauty
Amazing job.
Filippo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Thanks guy's! All encouragement appreciated! Tacked in the oil cooler bracket and will now get the tachometer bracket mounted. Has to be offset for the cable to clear the tubing and gusset as well as being at the right angel for the rider. Have to find room for a catch bottle and bracket as well. Maybe have to get it on the ground and take a seat. That tach is a real black face Veglia I saved for this project. Have a few other rare goodies I hope to use. Lou


Attachments:
Image 16.jpeg
Image 16.jpeg [ 140.97 KiB | Viewed 4498 times ]
Image 19.jpeg
Image 19.jpeg [ 162.8 KiB | Viewed 4498 times ]
Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2026 2:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:44 am
Posts: 1913
Images: 7
Hi Mike, Hi Lou, I think I'll be doing the last championship race in Volterra, practically my home race. I can walk, but even if I take a bottle of water, I feel like my left knee is straining. Every morning I go out on my bike for breakfast with a croissant and cappuccino, but right now it's 40 degrees here, and pedaling isn't easy. Starting tomorrow, the temperatures should drop a bit, hopefully!
The Moretti motorbike is coming along like a masterpiece. You are my pride, big brother.
Hugs to you all.
Carlo.

ps.The CCs, from the Pantah head!!!!!
Mike, did you do the compression ratio for me in my leg?

INCREDIBLE!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2026 4:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Okay so haven't had much time to work on the bike and it's been 100 degrees F here, but I saw this on ebay and figured the Moretti is now worth more than I thought without touching it! Lol! Lou

Veglia Back face tach
800260465115


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2026 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 2176
Only in Japan. I once heard that they would pay any price for something they wanted. Yep, you can just call it quits on this project and bank it later. MikeV

I hope you have a big fan in the garage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2026 2:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Small wall fan Mike. No room for such luxuries! Mounted the windscreen, now a bunch of trimming. Hopefully no cracks or scratches. Lou


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL
[ Time : 0.013s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]