DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM
 
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2026 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Here are some pictures. Lou


Attachments:
2922EC97-E2D3-4C19-B20D-1A9AE1AC2D99.jpeg
2922EC97-E2D3-4C19-B20D-1A9AE1AC2D99.jpeg [ 1.87 MiB | Viewed 2473 times ]
IMG_6330.JPG
IMG_6330.JPG [ 1.98 MiB | Viewed 2492 times ]
IMG_6327.JPG
IMG_6327.JPG [ 2.74 MiB | Viewed 2492 times ]
Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2026 1:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Just a few light scratches that I can remove, but no cracks and I'm happy with the shape. Lou


Attachments:
uuid=51ECEF1D-86F4-48E1-8BE3-918B8FA92F7E&code=001&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg
uuid=51ECEF1D-86F4-48E1-8BE3-918B8FA92F7E&code=001&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg [ 211.36 KiB | Viewed 2244 times ]
IMG_6361.JPG
IMG_6361.JPG [ 2.26 MiB | Viewed 2420 times ]
IMG_6342.JPG
IMG_6342.JPG [ 2.02 MiB | Viewed 2425 times ]
IMG_6358.JPG
IMG_6358.JPG [ 2.53 MiB | Viewed 2425 times ]
IMG_6356.JPG
IMG_6356.JPG [ 2.16 MiB | Viewed 2425 times ]
IMG_6355.JPG
IMG_6355.JPG [ 2.91 MiB | Viewed 2425 times ]
Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2026 3:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 964
Very nice Lou!!
She is looking the business!
Paul


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2026 9:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 2176
Clecos in abundance. Reminds me of the “Pinhead” character in the Hellraiser movies. A lot of trimming on that one, eh. But ain’t it a relief when it is done? And it does look good. MikeV


Last edited by 618F1 on Sat Jul 11, 2026 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2026 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Thanks guys! Yes Mike, does look like pinhead, but those things are a life saver. Amazing grip strength and so easy to use over and over. It's a small windscreen compared to a TT but it fits the small upper. Lou


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2026 10:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:51 am
Posts: 751
Very nice Lou.....

Hey.......what is the story on the black face Veglia Tachs......I am not familiar with those....I did see one long ago for a whole lotta $$$

Clay


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2026 7:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Thanks Cal, no story I think. Some were used on rare cars and bikes, but same tach as the white one I believe. The one I have actually had a 'telltale' on the face to see if you've over revved I. I removed it and put a regular glass as it was pretty scratched up. Maybe I'll restore it and put it back. There may be a scene in the Ford vs. Ferrari movie that shows the tach in action. Anything associated with a Ferrari brings the price up. Lou


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2026 8:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:51 am
Posts: 751
ducttf1 wrote:
Thanks Cal, no story I think. Some were used on rare cars and bikes, but same tach as the white one I believe. The one I have actually had a 'telltale' on the face to see if you've over revved I. I removed it and put a regular glass as it was pretty scratched up. Maybe I'll restore it and put it back. There may be a scene in the Ford vs. Ferrari movie that shows the tach in action. Anything associated with a Ferrari brings the price up. Lou


Hi Lou.....my exotic 67 Slimey Green Fiat 850 Spyder (with minimal rust) had a black veglia tach in it....it was electronic :-) I think it redlined at 5 or 6k. That tach of yours is really cool looking.....interesting. I would have thought that by the late 60's/70's, all of the Ferrari's would have been using an electronic tach??

Keep posting updates!!!
Clay


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2026 4:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1504
Images: 0
Okay Cal, more posting. I decided to add some cooling ducts to the fairing for the vertical cylinder. Like I need more work! Found these on ebay and they seem like a good fit. Hope Carlo approves! Lou


Attachments:
IMG_6383.JPG
IMG_6383.JPG [ 2.54 MiB | Viewed 2112 times ]
IMG_6384.JPG
IMG_6384.JPG [ 2.82 MiB | Viewed 2112 times ]
IMG_6385.JPG
IMG_6385.JPG [ 2.51 MiB | Viewed 2112 times ]
IMG_6386.JPG
IMG_6386.JPG [ 2 MiB | Viewed 2112 times ]
IMG_6388.JPG
IMG_6388.JPG [ 2.6 MiB | Viewed 2112 times ]
Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moretti 05 --- Moretti 01
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2026 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 2176
Damn that is cool. Hah hah. Now i want to get me some. MikeV

Ps: that will look nice, and much better than the aluminum cups used on the very last F1/TT1 than ran at Dayrona - the one with the GBC forks. Are they the 1.5” or the 2”?

I noticed the bend in the brake trailing rod, and have thought that is what they did on the F1/TT1. Is it steel tube or rod? Aluminum? And do they not bend under use?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL
[ Time : 0.017s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]