DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1981 500SL Pantah original and stock
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:34 pm 

So, I posted this on a couple of other sites but forgot to put it here.....the place where it will probably be appreciated the most.

I am offering up for sale or trade my VERY nice and original stock 500 Pantah. It is a 1981 model and I have a clean title in my name. It has 18k kilometers on the clock. This bike has never been painted, these are the original stickers and paint. The only non stock items on the bike are rubber items like tires, fuel lines, belts, etc. Any other item that needed replacement was done with period correct stock used items that match the patina of the bike, verlicchi grips for example. It even has the stock airbox and exhaust on it. The bosch pickups have had the old wiring replaced with modern oil and gas resistant wiring. It runs like a top. The belts were replaced, valve seals replaced, valves adjusted, carbs rebuilt, fork seals, etc. The only major system that was not rebuilt was the braking system since that was already working well. The brake fluid was flushed however. The seat has a few cracks in the vinyl, but I left it alone to preserve the originality. The bike even has the stock tool kit! Tires are older but in good shape and they still have the nubs on them. I am sure that there is a lot more that I can say about the bike, but I do not want to write a novel. This is basically a really nice survivor bike that has been taken care of. It is not a perfect restored example, it does have a paint chip here or there, but it is an honest original bike that has been ridden and not modified. There is a thread on this bike in the Pantah section that will have some additional info on the bike as well. I do have plenty of additional pics....the bike was professionally shot for a possible upcoming magazine piece, fingers crossed.

I am asking $8500 obo, or trade. I am seriously into vintage racing so I would be very interested in trading for a bevel racer or a bevel project that would make a good racer. Titles are not necessary, square or round case. I am actually open to a lot of different Ducati trades, just let me know what you were thinking of. If you have any questions or any interest, please feel free to pm me or I can be contacted at mustang44_1 at lycos dot com. The bike is located north of Chicago.

Thanks
Dave

Post subject: Re: 1981 500SL Pantah original and stock
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:30 pm 

Sweet original condition ! Got to love it as it is beginnings of the rubber bands. ;)

Post subject: Re: 1981 500SL Pantah original and stock
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:55 am 

Anybody know what the paint code for that lovely Ice Blue is?