DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: original unrestored TT2 in UK
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:01 pm 

the original photo.

In the pole position, Moretti (t shirt wite) Rider Leandrini, end GPM , Piero Giannesin, Rider Fabio Barchitta.

GPM------- G=giannesin P= piero M= Martini.....ING. Martini Designer of frame Bimota.

puf...puf....I have written without the translator! yupiiiii!!!!!! :lol:

Attachments:
07032012066.jpg
07032012066.jpg [ 244.1 KiB | Viewed 469 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:17 pm 

Hello Carlo,
Where is Moretti #37 in the picture now?
Does it still exist?

The translator is fired, redundant. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:31 pm 

Hey Graeme, you're right 'fire the translator'! Carlo we will speak all night at the Symposium! In building the Moretti replica Carlo gave the rest of us a chance to have something as close to original as possible, the essence of this beautiful design. For this we are grateful. I have been accumulating all the parts for Moretti #003 and making myself crazy about the color. I am building her with all the nice period parts and would like to paint it with what I would have had if I could have raced a Moretti back in the day. This is the fun of a replica, you can have a little 'poetic license', your own expression of Moretti passion. Now Carlo, please get to work on my GPM replica! Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:38 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Graeme, you make me crazy!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Hey Lou, I bought the material for the GPM!

I put the photo of Carlo at the Symposium!!! :shock:

Attachments:
images (1).jpg
images (1).jpg [ 9.83 KiB | Viewed 446 times ]
images.jpg
images.jpg [ 15.44 KiB | Viewed 446 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:54 am 

Ooooh..... looks like I've stirred up a hornets nest of irate experts with my ad for the TT2.

If any of you cared to read the advert I placed thoroughly before passing comment on the machines authenticity, or lack of it, you would have noted that I am not claiming the machine to be "one of the 40" factory made TT2s. It is a period "TT2 replica" as everything bar the 40 are from the 80s to the present day.

It is a TT2 replica made & raced in the 1980s with parts appropriate to that period. It has markings and components which point to its being an NCR prepared machine. That is all that is claimed.

The comments of experts on any TT subject are appreciated by those of us with less experience but it is important for those in a position of some influence who see fit to pass unfavourable comments on a machines authenticity, or the owners honesty, do so when in possession of the facts rather than inventing non-existent claims to then demolish & in doing so impugn the owners honesty & motives.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:37 am 

and I,m totally with you 100% on your comments. I was chastised by an expert for cutting the footrest cum exhaust hanger from my Montjuich. Why did ducati fit them to a single seater race replica when there was no need for them. I turn deaf in situations of such.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:15 pm 

Hi Norvin, let me start of by saying if you were annoyed or offended by anything I posted I apologize. If you read my post I stated if this was thought to be one of the original 40. I posted this because over the past few months I have been asked by a number of people to authenticate some bikes people claimed to be original factory bikes. This is were the post went. I thought the bike in question was a nice period racer, and from the ad that is what is stated. I was bringing forward something that had been on my mind. Maybe I could have opened a new subject line, but things are pretty flexible on this forum and the posts sometimes get sidetracked. People can do what they want with motorcycles they own, cut off footpegs, put in modern motors, change wheels. Different strokes for different folks is the old expression. I was just commenting on the state of affairs with TT 'factory original' bikes that seem to be coming out of the woodwork for profit. I am a motorcycle enthusiast who happens to love Pantah based Ducati Racers, and am here to share that passion with the Forum members, not come off like a know it all asshole, or question anyones integrity. If that was the case, again I apologize. Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:31 pm 

Just for the record Lou,no comments or opinions passed on my mods were from members of this forum,they came from back home in the uk,and as you say,mods are up to the owner and make our little jewels even better in the eyes of the beholder.I reckon it,s one of the best diseases a fellow could have.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:35 pm 

Hi Ian, I just remembered I did the same thing (exhaust hangers) and many other things collectors may not like to my F1A. They have become quite collectable today. I 'rekon' you're right about the disease! Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:54 pm 

Hello Ian, hello Lou,
Gotta agree with your comments. I've got a small painting of a woman smiling. I don't like her smile and I don't know why the guy (Leonardo) painted her that way. I reckon I'll fix it up, maybe put in a little nose ring to make her look more modern. I reckon that'll make her even more beautiful to the eyes of the beholder. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next