DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wtb Race cams
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:23 pm 

I have not heard of this in Australia either. But I don't like to listen to the news, it's all bad news.
Good luck to you Carlo, I hope that soon things in Italy will get better.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:22 am 

http://foto.ilmessaggero.it/italia/gli_ ... o=407662#0

if you want to see.......

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:55 am 

Hey, I see there is a Zara sale on at the moment!

Seriously though, who are the Pitchfork movement? Farmers?

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:56 pm 

Hi Carlo!
I'm sorry to hear that things are tough in Italy at the moment but I'm sure it will get better, I mean a country with good food, good wine, ducati, alfaromeo, good beaches and good snowboarding should be fine :D . I hope to see you next year in Linköping
we can have I coffee and maybe some nice grappa :D .

Regards Claes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:01 pm 

Hello Friends, I hope that everything will turn out for the best, you see these people, they are ordinary people, farmers, workers, small business owners, have joined in the street, without party flags, and just as the identity of the Italian flag.

Who is in the street, has no more money to pay for the electricity, gas, and eat, unfortunately when there are peaceful demonstrations, violent creep always people who ruin everything.

They are called the movement of FORCONI, the Pitchfork, is used to quellìattrezzo farmers to move the hay for the animals.

I am a person, very sunny and positive, I hope for a better future, I'm not giving up.

Hello friends. ;)

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:18 pm 

When I and Phil Aynsley were over at Piero Laverda's place a few weeks ago, we had a conversation with the owner of the ristorante we used to visit (of course when "tasting" some local "drinks").
Comparing earning/cost of living/ taxes, we agreed that pressure on the working class is becoming very high in Italy.
My Italian cousin, who runs a transport agency, is seeing his costs run WAY up, and operations go WAY down.
His girlfriend, who works at a bank, sees moneytransfers deminishing 'cause there's fewer 'real' money around.
His ex-wife is into immo but is very reluctant to take riscs, doubting to buy houses cheap because she's not sure she could resell them in the near future, leaving only the HIGH priced (HIGH risk) segment.
Engineers fear for their jobs. due to heavy taxes on employees, firms tend to close down and restart in "new" european countries.
Most families survive 'cause they can rent their houses to their children and keeping the money IN the family. Of course that means there's no money coming TO the family.
Seems only the people who are into politics, media and entertainment keep on "earning" money.
My 5 lire, being reasonably objective (but paying more taxes every year to keep my family's heritage into the family).

joseph

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:04 pm 

ducadini wrote:
When I and Phil Aynsley were over at Piero Laverda's place a few weeks ago, we had a conversation with the owner of the ristorante we used to visit (of course when "tasting" some local "drinks").
Comparing earning/cost of living/ taxes, we agreed that pressure on the working class is becoming very high in Italy.
My Italian cousin, who runs a transport agency, is seeing his costs run WAY up, and operations go WAY down.
His girlfriend, who works at a bank, sees moneytransfers deminishing 'cause there's fewer 'real' money around.
His ex-wife is into immo but is very reluctant to take riscs, doubting to buy houses cheap because she's not sure she could resell them in the near future, leaving only the HIGH priced (HIGH risk) segment.
Engineers fear for their jobs. due to heavy taxes on employees, firms tend to close down and restart in "new" european countries.
Most families survive 'cause they can rent their houses to their children and keeping the money IN the family. Of course that means there's no money coming TO the family.
Seems only the people who are into politics, media and entertainment keep on "earning" money.
My 5 lire, being reasonably objective (but paying more taxes every year to keep my family's heritage into the family).

joseph

hello, you have succeeded much better than me, to explain the situation.

Yet we go forward, because those lucky enough to have parents in life, you can take advantage of the retirement pension, and get on with the little money.

I do not want to bore you with the problems of Italy, this is a forum to spend happy hours, so if you are okay I would say to talk about motorcycle racing, Ducati!

Thanks for listening to me, and thank you for talking to me the problems other than the bike!

Ciao Carlo Leoncini.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:11 pm 

I think it is not just in Italy Carlo, but you are right, this is not the place for those discussions. I have a personal rule I try to follow. When I got to the track, I leave my politics at the gate. Seems to work pretty good.
Bill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:26 am 

pantah_good wrote:
I think it is not just in Italy Carlo, but you are right, this is not the place for those discussions. I have a personal rule I try to follow. When I got to the track, I leave my politics at the gate. Seems to work pretty good.
Bill

Ben Detto Bill!!! ;)

Well said Bill! ;)

Profile Personal album