DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: F1 & Santamonica for sale
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:26 pm 

Due to some serious changes in my life, I am giving up my bikes. I have a 90% complete restoration on the '86 F1, using only NOS parts & putting her back to original. I've invested over 3 years of my time tracking down parts & over $20k on this bike & it needs someone to finish her off & ride her like she was intended. There is a thread here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2582 detailing the build (under 750 Image Gallery " The rebuild begins"), but it's not up to date. If anyone is interested, drop me a PM & I can give more details. I'm chasing $12k (Ozzie) for this one - located & registered in Perth Western Australia. There are a lot of parts to go with the bike, some new & some old.

In addition, I have an '87 Santamonica which was imported from the land of the rising sun. This one hasnt been registered & I have the import documentation. It has done about 29000 kms & is in an average condition. The bike was running but I've removed & stripped one of the carbs (found a snapped jet!) so it hasnt been put back together. This one owes me $19k plus it has a few rare new parts (including a set of NOS Michelin tyres, a NOS clutch cylinder & NOS LH switch). Again - if anyone is interested drop me a PM for more details. I'll also accept $12k for this one.

And in case it's of any interest to anyone, I have a 2010 1198s CORSE SE that has been extensively modified. This includes Descmocedici forks & TTX rear shock. I spent over $75k on this bike (inlcuding the original purchase) & want to move it for $30k.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: F1 & Santamonica for sale
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:27 am 

Hi Clinton, your news sounds, er, pretty serious! I hope things turn around soon for you.

All the best,
MikeA

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:39 am 

Sorry to hear that Clinton. I know how hard you have worked tracking down parts. Best wishes.
Bill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:36 am 

We will spread the word Clinton. Hope you are doing OK, wish you the best. Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:26 pm 

I am interested in the F1 or Santa Monica and I live in Australia. Can you give me a call or send me your contact details -
my number is 0407 164597 - thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:09 pm 

Hi I tried before but have not managed to get my question posted - I will try again. I am interested in the F1 and the Santa Monica - phone me on 0407 1654597 so I can discuss with you - thanks Peter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:26 pm 

Gents, it is with a heavy heart that I announce both bikes have found a new home in sunny Queensland this morning. I'm very happy with the fellow that has bought them as it sounds like he's just as anal as I am about the finish & they should be done to a very high standard. I'm looking forward to a few photo's of his finished products & will post up some piccy's when the time is right. I'd like to thank everyone for all the help I've received over the past couple of years - I would not have been able to get the F1 to the point that is at without you all & firmly believe this to be the best of all the forums that I frequent. Hopefully I will still be able to contribute even though I no longer have the bikes (but I still have the passion).

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:54 am 

Hello Clinton,

Sorry to hear this.
I wish you all the best.
glad you found a good home for your 750's.
You are correct in what you said about this forum and the people who contribute to make it what it is.

Best regards for the future.

Graeme

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:09 pm 

Hi Clinton
I could be interested in your bikes. I live in Perth. Just txt or ring me on 0412398817 if you still have them for sale.
Take Care
Ben