DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM
 
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: WTB 900 ie camshaft
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2026 8:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:06 am
Posts: 18
Images: 0
Wanted to buy 900 ie camshaft stamped V8J Rear / vertical cylinder 900 fuel injected engine
If anybody has 1 please let me know I have the front one & want to finish building up a pair of heads .


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
 Post subject: Re: WTB 900 ie camshaft
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2026 10:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:54 pm
Posts: 566
Location: Brisbane
Pretty sure I have a new 900 ie vertical head cam.
I check today and let you know
I used two front ie cams in a TT2 replica
Graeme


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WTB 900 ie camshaft
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2026 11:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:54 pm
Posts: 566
Location: Brisbane
I do have V8J cam from a 900ie
It is not new as I thought, but in good condition.
There is a small mark (possibly light corrosion) on the shaft about half way between the thread and the closing lobe. I can’t feel any ridge or pitting on the mark / stain.
Can email you pictures
Keep in mind that I am in Tasmania, Australia, so post may not be cheap.
I’m assuming you are in the USA?

Graeme


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WTB 900 ie camshaft
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2026 9:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 2176
How lucky you are ducbill. I think (reads like) you are both on the same big island. Small world.

Q to both of you: what lobe center did you use (or will use) when you degreed the cams? I ask because these are in my TT2 705cc engine.

Thanks,
MikeV


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WTB 900 ie camshaft
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2026 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:54 pm
Posts: 566
Location: Brisbane
Hello Mike,
I can’t answer your question. Sorry
Bob Noricks from V2 in Brisbane set the cams
I recall him saying that he used different offset keys front and rear
Maybe send a message to Brad Black on this forum

Graeme


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WTB 900 ie camshaft
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 7:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:28 pm
Posts: 13
Here is from Brad Blacks page;
https://www.bikeboy.org/camtime2v.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WTB 900 ie camshaft
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 10:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 2176
I read it. Great overall review of his testing. I am happy with the 109 degrees i use then. Thanks,
MikeV


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WTB 900 ie camshaft
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2026 12:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:06 am
Posts: 18
Images: 0
Many thanks to Graeme from Tasmania , Australia for a prompt reply & sending me the camshaft i was looking for . Now for the fun part rebuilding heads that have been on the shelf for 10 years waiting for me to stop messing about .


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL
[ Time : 0.016s | 10 Queries | GZIP : Off ]