DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: super light weight batteries for sale
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:23 am 

I have used an 8 cell speedcell battery in my 1080cc DS race engine for 2 seasons and loved it. When the rest of the team wanted them we looked for a more affordable solution. So we commissioned our own.

I am willing to offer them up to forum members at big discount over other suppliers

8 cell 4.6Ah 240A CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) 10 sec discharge, 120A continues discharge. Weight is 640gr as opposed to OEM 4kg (this will work on any 2v engine and up to 1000cc Inline 4 engine. For total loss I tested it on my 600SL powered TT2 - stock engine - total loss 28 x 4 klm race laps -112klm)

I also have 12 cell 6.9Ah, 360A CCA for 10 sec with 180A continues discharge (for 1098-1198- RSV, BMW's or if you need longer total loss)

and 16 cell 9.2Ah 480 CCA for 10 sec and 240 continues discharge (basically for ZX14, and hi-power drag bikes, these are used by DAKAR/BAJA bikes and small race cars)

Made from new A123 LifePo4 cells, and come with connectors, takes 5 minutes to fit, DO NOT trickle charge, use a normal battery charger 5Ah and above to charge - but they are maintenance free if you run stock charging gear. Use common sense don't immerse in water. Can be fitted in any direction 1/4-1/3 of the size of the OEM one so you can fit it anywhere really

Cost is $200, $275, $340 AUD delivered worldwide. (add $10 if you need an extra fitment cable)

(Brisbane based folks can save $20 and pick them up if they like - Graeme I'll deliver yours with the long overdue parts you lent me)

Hope that will help out some members who are chasing ultimate weight

You can pay via paypal to edehue@bigpond.net.au - make sure you tell me address details, phone number and email for the postal paper work. Any questions just email me at edehue@bigpond.net.au so we don't waste bandwith

Pics below of the batteries on the scale

Cheers
Edu

As you can see even all 3 combinations combined are still lighter then 1 OEM battery

Profile Personal album