DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fairing/Flyscreen aero
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:07 am 

Hi All,
With stock F1 fairing it looks like there are 2 factory windshield options. The standard high shield of the early bikes and then it looks like there is a flatter version that follows the contour of the fairing that came out later on the Laguna Seca/Santa Monica. Are there any takes on which one works best aero wise at high speeds? Or is it big fat old rider use big shield/little jockey bend over and hide behind the small screen.

Post subject: Re: Fairing/Flyscreen aero
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:37 pm 

The Laguna Seca screen, the flatter one, is also about 5/8th inch wider at the back. So you would have to cut the fairing out right around where some of the holes are located. But Gustaffson (for example) may make a flat one for just the plain-Jane F1s. Have never taken my LS replica to a track, but it seems OK out on the country roads. Look how flat they were, and the fairing was even lower, on the last of the TT1/F1 race bikes. MikeV

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:01 pm 

618F1 wrote:
The Laguna Seca screen, the flatter one, is also about 5/8th inch wider at the back. So you would have to cut the fairing out right around where some of the holes are located. But Gustaffson (for example) may make a flat one for just the plain-Jane F1s. Have never taken my LS replica to a track, but it seems OK out on the country roads. Look how flat they were, and the fairing was even lower, on the last of the TT1/F1 race bikes. MikeV

Thanx Mike.....I didnt realize the low screen is a slightly different size for mounting. I hear ya on the race fairings trending towards the lower side.

Clay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:13 pm 

Mike V,
You mean to tell me no one bought your Laguna Seca clone? Beautiful build in my estimation! :mrgreen:
Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:13 pm 

bevel-dementia wrote:
Mike V,
You mean to tell me no one bought your Laguna Seca clone? Beautiful build in my estimation! :mrgreen:
Mark

Me too....that thing is pretty, some one should be after it. I dont know how the market is on vintage bikes these days, but it seems like a complete clapped out bike goes for about $7K?? You get in pretty deep pretty fast if you go through one of those properly.....