DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: TT F1 Endurance replica
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:11 pm 

Hi Jaydeetz,
lovely work looking forward to seeing pics as work goes on ,
was it Jim Blomleys Guzzi you used to race as he is a good contact for fairing/seat/ tanks(twowheelclassics.co.uk)
cheers
OldBlue

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:20 am 

oldblue wrote:
Hi Jaydeetz,
was it Jim Blomleys Guzzi you used to race as he is a good contact for fairing/seat/ tanks(twowheelclassics.co.uk)
cheers
OldBlue

Hi OldBlue

Yes it was Jims' Guzzi, had a lot of fun on it too ! A great guy, he loves his bikes.
Jim doesnt have any of the later F1 stuff in, only the TT2 and TT1 parts, but I suppose we could get a seat and modify it if push comes to shove. I have heard Oldracingspares has them in, but not sure about the quality and the prices arent too cheap either.
In any case, we arent at that stage at the minute so it can wait till mid Jan or something.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:34 am 

oldblue wrote:
Hi Jaydeetz,
cheers
OldBlue

Unless Jim does the F1 'works racer' seat and just hasnt got it on his webpage then he doesnt have the correct seat, Lots of people do versions of the TT2, TT1 and Street F1 seat but I have only seen two F1 'works racer' seat replicas for sale, Old racing spare parts, very expensive and the seat unit was terrible quality... and Gerdpfeffer on ebay.de his seat is pictured below. It isnt an exact copy then again I dont think anyone does one, and this is closest to it I think... Then again Jarno's (TT1-F1) seat on his bike looks close.

Attachments:
$(KGrHqN,!lsE1F4rm,ISBNgJJkFyuQ~~_12.jpg
$(KGrHqN,!lsE1F4rm,ISBNgJJkFyuQ~~_12.jpg [ 22.86 KiB | Viewed 1163 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:43 am 

jaydeetz wrote:
oldblue wrote:
Hi Jaydeetz,
cheers
OldBlue

Hi OldBlue

Yes it was Jims' Guzzi, had a lot of fun on it too ! A great guy, he loves his bikes.
Jim doesnt have any of the later F1 stuff in, only the TT2 and TT1 parts, but I suppose we could get a seat and modify it if push comes to shove. I have heard Oldracingspares has them in, but not sure about the quality and the prices arent too cheap either.
In any case, we arent at that stage at the minute so it can wait till mid Jan or something.

Jaydeetz

I bought a seat unit from Oldracingspareparts and it is pictured here

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=169

The quality was terrible, many many many voids in the gelcoat. It also needed altering at the front as it was too wide, but that isnt oldracingetcetc fault as my frame is a Thersby frame and may be different dimensions from the Verlicchi frame which I assume the seat was made for. I am thinking of buying one from ebay as I am fed up with fiddling around with this one I have.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:10 am 

oldblue wrote:
Hi Jaydeetz,
cheers
OldBlue

Is that you Noel? George here! how are your two bikes coming along?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:51 am 

Red Fox (Belgium) also sells an endurance/F1 seat with the battery hole. It is on the thin side, and mine came pre-cracked --- looked like someone stepped on it before it was put in the box. MikeV

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:51 pm 

Its in, it fits, its not twisted !!

Just the under-bracing (when the stockists open after Xmas now as we have no 7/8" Alloy tubing) and the little paddock bobbin thread bosses..ooh and also a wheel spacer shelf so you dont have to hold the wheel up and slide the axle in, just plonk it on the shelf and let the captive spacers rest on it - usual race mods really.

Also started making the rocker arm assembly (two plates pressed onto a boss in the middle), so thats tomorrows job, finish that off and weld the rocker arm mounts to the frame itself and start manufacturing the swingarm to rocker connection 'U' tube....its all getting exciting, may have a roling chassis by the weekend, LOL :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:44 pm 

Hi There George
Happy Xmas a bit belated though Hope all well and family. Getting there, tank off getting re worked to fit the forward facing carbs Paint on it way to Painters so come end of Jan should be well on the way . how is your back hope it has improved so you can tinker : :D Enjoying jaydeetz posts the rate he's going he will be finished before us all.
Cheers
Noel

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:47 pm 

Hi Jaydeetz
Looking better every foto Lovely welding.
Cheers
Old Blue

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:15 pm 

Looks like a lot of fun!
My seat came from old racing spare parts as a tt1 seat and I then made it smaller, lower and made the lower tube
pieces myself with the seat on the frame since nothing fitted.
It is still to high....And my tank too low.

Jarno

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next