DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TT2 and Pantah's at Morgan Park
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:18 am 

Cus, our trusty web guru has updated our blog following our recent race meet :evil: the fat tyred TT went out for its maiden race, but all did not go well :roll: 749 front too stiff, rear tyre too fat (but made my waist look 10cm thinner :lol:

Pics and update at http://www.teamhustler.net .... have no fear, no naked ladies on our site
Edu

Last edited by TT2 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: TT2 and Pantah's at Morgan Park
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:44 am 

Hi Ed, looks like a good time. What are the bike regulations?
graeme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:36 pm 

Heya Graeme,

The classes are looking to change a little for next year and they are looking to include twins up to 650CC in Formula 3. This means we will be racing against the 400cc inline 4's (which get moving down the long straight) but all in all it's great fun. This basically means any twin under 650cc can run in this class and not be worried about forks etc.

There is also talk of a formula QEMSC looking to be combined with Formula4 which basically means bikes over 200cc, up to 400 multis, 650cc twins & 1000cc singles. A 1000cc single would be a sight to see getting around Morgan Park!

As a side note if you're interested in maybe hitting the track on the TT next year they also have a P plater classes for people that haven't entered a race meet before. Have a look on http://www.motorcyclesportsmen.com.au and have a look around their forums.

Cus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:48 am 

TT2 wrote:
Cus, our trusty web guru has updated our blog following our recent race meet :evil: the fat tyred TT went out for its maiden race, but all did not go well :roll: 749 front too stiff, rear tyre too fat (but made my waist look 10cm thinner :lol:

Pics and update at http://www.teamhustler.net .... have no fear, no naked ladies on our site
Edu

Sounds like it was a great event; but shame about the naked ladies.. You shouldn't be so quick to abandon that rear tire size, though. Plenty of TTs run that wheel size combo and handle very well - Fran McDermott is using the 120/160 (or 170) combination and is planning to move up to a 180 rear. Granted; it's a TT1, but the frame geometry's about the same. We run a 120/180 set-up on Bar's TT1 as well. I suspect that it may be a chassis attitude issue as a byproduct of the front end you're using. I ran into a similar problem with Shannon's F1 when I was trying to set it up with upside down forks and with the Cadillac as well. The upside downs are much shorter than the Marzocchis usually run and it can be a challenge to get the rear height just right. If you post some measurements, we can give you some feedback. Like, axle center to top of lower triple clamp and axle center to top of rear frame.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:17 pm 

Not to put too fine a point on it but this was the second season I've run a 17/5.5 rear with 17/3.5 front and have never been happier. I ran this combo on Calabogie with 20 corners and think it works brilliantly.

Thus far I had used a fiddled M1R but am working on a Showa conventional for better damping and particularly, rebound up front. Sure, these are light machines but better suspension is necessary to go quickly as you're trying to achieve, already.

Keep us posted,

Fran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:48 pm 

I think with some fiddling I should be able to get it right (basically the front end was unbolted out of a 749S and swapped straight across, the ohlins rear out some Monster) so I concede it's a matter of springs, valves and oil that will see it right.

But seeing as conversion to telescopic front end and 4.5 rear max will make it classic racing eligible I decided to go down that path. This way the TT is eligible with club racing, BEARS racing and classic racing, so it seemed logical.

Trying to keep it as simple as I can. I have another Ducati that is my primary race/track bike so that one pretty much swallows up most of my time, money and patience :roll: It's a very trick 1080cc DS powered affair. Kind of nice hopping between the two

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:15 pm 

TT2,

Which forkset have you settled on using which is allowed by your classic racing organisation?

Is the fairing from a 749?

What overall evaluation would you give your alloy Metamachex swingarm?

4.5 rear is an ideal choice for the reasons you've cited. Are slicks allowed?

Cheers,

Fran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:38 am 

For the TT2 I will be using '89 Sport forks in Bevel triples, waiting on Gowanloch's to tell me what's available. Will more then likely have to centre bore them a little to fit the 40mm forks

Finalising a deal with Alex on some 17" Marvic Magnesiums that I will run with slicks (yes we can run slicks in classics) the primary rule is that the frame, forks, swingarm, wheels, yokes all have to represent what was run during the period. So this set up should be approved.

On the RAD02 the fairings and fuel tank from www.radicalducati.com in Spain, as did the CroMo RAD02 frame. Essentially a slightly modded 999 frame that allows for 2 valve engines to be slotted in without interference from the rear shock mount

The swingarm on the TT2 comes from a 900ss (I have a genuine verlicchi TT2 tubular one as well, I may fit that as well. I need to take some wheel base and shock position measurement across the two to see what will work best) on the RAD02 I am using a nice light 1000M swingarm. With the 1000M swingarm its beautifully balanced, the heavy casting is at the front and aluminium arms weigh next to nothing so it centres the weight nicely. I have the RAD02 down to 148kg (oil - no fuel) we are splitting the 1000DS Multistrada engine and fitting 749R gear box, balanced crank and Pank H-rods, Pistal Hi-comp 1080cc pistons, NCR cams, slipper, bigger head valves, some porting and flowing, TPO Beast-R manifolds, 50mm big bore Termi headers of a 1000M so fingers crossed we should see some nice rwhp and torque upon completion.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:52 pm 

fmcd92 wrote:
I have the RAD02 down to 148kg (oil - no fuel) we are splitting the 1000DS Multistrada engine and fitting 749R gear box, balanced crank and Pank H-rods, Pistal Hi-comp 1080cc pistons, NCR cams, slipper, bigger head valves, some porting and flowing, TPO Beast-R manifolds, 50mm big bore Termi headers of a 1000M so fingers crossed we should see some nice rwhp and torque upon completion.

Ed, you started out here as a nice fellow and said there was no naked women.
And now you come out with this filth !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm 

Will it make you feel better if I tell you I am going to paint it in the TT1 colors :lol:

Profile Personal album