DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ducati F1 replica project (Finland)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:16 pm 

Hello from Finland,

I have started a F1 replica building project, even I have not yet get the frame...
But it´s allready ordered, so I count it for a start.

I´m building a racebike and it´ll be acceptalble for Formula 1 80-87 Nordic classic series.
Idea is to do some track days, few classic races and polishing at garage.
It´ll be build from pieces and bits by as good parts as possible (almost...) and the color scheme will be tricolor with red wheels.

I have ordered a new replica frame kit from Harris. Its not the usual one, as they will do it with the F1 works link suspension used on late racebikes. So I´ll have from Harris a TT-F1 frame and swingarm, complete aluminium tank with cap and Pingel valve, and special Öhlins rear shock for the combination.
Swinger is not alu one, its chromemoly triangle style.

I allready have some this and that for the bike: fiber fairings, M1R, triple trees, pieces and bits...

Motor will be made together Kämna, I have planned a something like 1035cc with FCR41´s, STM clutch..
Base for the motor will be new genereation 900 after year 98 (after 98 and newer 900´s have stronger block), with reverse rear cylinder modification. We´ll see when the winter comes!
Target is to get it ready for spring 2012.

I´ll let you know as the project is really started -> I have get the frame kit home.

Little bit profile for the members:

I´m a really passionate about bikes and have several bikes at garage:
*Ducati 1098R ´09 (Track bike. Going to sell it - budget for the F1 project :D)
*Aprilia SXV550 ´07 (just for fun bike, great tool at winter time on ice)
*Triumph Bonneville T100 Sixty ´11 (everyday bike, something to ride as usual garage is full of projects - though I´m going to install 904cc kit with big valve head, cams, and 39EFI TB to get some character for that daily ride.. Parts waiting for it. It´s really good looking bike, but motor is like a lazy sheep)

Projects:
*Moto Guzzi Lemans ´81 Cafe Racer project (on pieces and bits, motor is 1207cc, etc, etc - built from nothing too)
*TZ250 ´01 with SXV550 motor (motor allready on frame, but still lot to doo. Motor is heavily modified and I´m excepting +90hp from the rearwheel)
*Honda XR600R (pieces and bit, FlatTrack project which i have forged... - will do it at one day...)
*New F1 racebike project

As you recognize I cant keep me hands of the bikes and have ideas of new modifications at everyday...
Problem is to find the time for the bikes!!
I have also ridden many year Road Racing at national championship level - stopped at 5 years ago, so i like to ride me bikes hard too!!

Take care and have fun with the Ducatis!

-Smiley

Post subject: Re: Ducati F1 replica project (Finland)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:15 am 

Welcome Smiley. You have a very interesting project(s) going on there. Please post some pictures as it progresses. What wheels are you planning on using? Best of luck with it!
Bill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:44 pm 

Thank you Bill!

About wheels:
I dont know yet, I have an extra TZ250 magnesium wheels in garage - but I have to get the frame kit home to see if it´s possible to adabt them to the bike.. They are 3-round spoke, very light and 3.5/5.5x17" and looks are allright for the period style.
If not possible I´ll go for Marvic period style 3-spoke magnesium wheels (also 3.5/5.5x17" for modern slicks) - they have "bolt on" application for F1, but hopefully TZ wheels would go in..

I´ll post pics as i get the frame and project really started.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:21 pm 

Hello Smiley,
Welcome and thanks for sharing your projects,,,,,, all of them!
Pictures?

Regards
Graeme

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:11 am 

You are welcome ;)

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:23 am 

Your TZ rear wheel, does it have a cush? I suspect it does if its 5.5" wide. FYI....on my TT I'm in the process of replacing a 4.5" Marvic TZ wheel from the late '80s when there was a few years that TZ's didn't use a cush drive. We thought it would be o.k., but the sprocket bolts kept loosening up and I was afraid the hub was getting hammered and damaged. That was with a very lightly tuned 650 Alazzurra engine, your engine sounds like it will be just a bit stronger.
Bill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:36 am 

Hey Smiley !

Let's see the frame please ...............and anything else while you're at it