DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: projects and progress
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:31 pm 

As most of us know (and when Steve posts in the events section we will all know) next year will be a historic year for TT and F1 lovers. With the events at Mosport and Barber being the focal point. I suggest that through this Forum we all start posting what are projects and objectives are. I am really curious to see how many bikes are being built, or just about ready for next years festivitties (no spelling error)! Lately I've been seeing videos of Imola's classic bike reunion and the pictures of Spa in Belgium, it always make me wish we had something like that in this country.Well guys this is our chance to blow the world away with our TT's and F1's, and we will. This Forum gives everyone access to parts, advise, patterns, templates and all the difficult things I know I've had to search for, for years. The hard work is done guys. All the detail stuff you can't see in the photos, under the seat and behind the fairing. In the deepest recesses of the engine. We have access to. No excuses this time. We have to make 2011 a year to remember. I know you are all listening as I can see the amount of views on the Forum. So let's go, get off your butts. Get the cameras out, learn how to download your pictures and show us your pile of parts. Tell us what you need to get the wheels turning. In one post you might find that little part you've been looking for. The weather is cool where I am in NYC, I have no excuses, I'm in the shop. Where are YOU?

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: projects and progress
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:07 pm 

Hi Sunday morning in Australia and waiting for it to get warm enough to start painting . I painted the frame yesterday and hopeing to finish the body work today.
I am looking for parts, but once i start to get it looking like a bike thing will start to come together(i hope).

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:11 pm 

Glad to hear progress. You are a good man! My name is Lou Saif, if you need any help finding stuff or just need pictures of something , please let me know. I have 2 TT1's and one is in very original shape. Good Luck and keep at it. Best Regards, Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:53 pm 

Hi Lou
I need to get some photos so i am hopeing you may be able to help . I need photos of the area around the back inner guard , around the tacho ,oilcooler area and under the tank. The painting went well so i will post a couple of photos next week. Thank Jon

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:01 am 

Hi Lou
Still a way to go with my build have seen photos of your bikes along with many other parts was wondering who built your exhaust. Any help much appreciated

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:47 pm 

Here's some incentive to get those Ducati projects finished: Hemmings Motor News plans on attending the Ducati event at Barber Motorsports Park next year, where we will be photographing bikes for future features for the monthly motorcycle column in Hemmings, as well as providing multi-page coverage of the event in Hemmings, too. So get those bikes finished. See ya there!
Richard Lentinello
Editor-in-Chief
Hemmings Motor News

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:05 pm 

Ok this reply covers the last three posts! First off Jon email me directly at Ducttf1@aol.com so I can send you the specific pictures you need. As far as exhaust systems this is a huge can of worms as there are very good fabricators on this Forum that can make you excellent exhaust systems. Mike Weber, Gary Palmer to name a few. They are both accomplished racers and both engineers. I am usually restoring not racing so I try to find pipes that look as close to original as possible. As some of you know and some of you might not there is a difference between TT1 and TT2 pipes. For starters the head pipe on The TT1 is slung below the left side engine cover( stator/rotor side). This allows for the cover to be removed without droping the pipe and allows the pipe to be tucked in much closer to the engine. The TT2 headpipe is similar to the production F1. I have bought TT1 headpipes from Old Racing Spare Parts in Italy and they are pretty accurate reproductions. I have not tried the TT2 head pipe yet. The megaphones are another matter. The ORSP megs are sectioned to achieve the desired shape. The originals have what appears to be a compound curve going into a reverse cone. They are really thin walled mild steel. I haven't found repros that look like the originals. The ones you've seen on pictures of my finished TT1's are restored originals. That being said I have a baffled ORSP pipe on a bike I'm building and it looks decent. It was pretty rough right out of the box, I had to do a lot of grinding down of welds and it comes with the bracket unattached. Once you have it fitted and in a positon that won't hit the swingarm or stick out too far you can then judge where to weld the bracket. The bracket that comes with the meg is also incorrect. If you want want an accurate template for the bracket, you can email me offline and I could send it to you.I hope this helps. Last but not least I would like to welcome Richard Lentinello from Hemmings to the Forum, glad you can join us. Lou

Profile Personal album