DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: What is the date for Barber?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:35 pm 

Always look forward to seeing you Rich, your humor is infectious. I'm sure you & Mike are aware there's a Fishtail track day at Loudon Sept. 19th, right? Bring Leon too!
Bill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:40 pm 

Sounds better everyday guys! I am hoping to bring 4 TT's, and Ralph is bringing his 2. There are still way too many pieces lying around but I am doing my best to get it done. Does anyone have extra room to bring a nice TT2 down to Barber? It's not mine but I have a friend without transportation. Let me know, we want to get as many TT's and F1's down to Barber. At least 30 TT's for the 30th anniversary sounds good to me. Glad to hear you'll be there with your F1 Rich! Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:14 am 

Rich / Scott - Glad to hear you guys are going to be joining us! We secured a 20x30 tent for the Forum and will be setting it up as a hospitality area and gathering spot for the F1s and TTs. It'll be located beside the NCR tent with the main TT display and will serve as the overflow for additional racers and TTs (there will only be room for about 12 - 14 TTs in the main NCR tent). Our thought is to build a small village of F1s and TTs around the Forum tent.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:56 am 

Hi guys,
The arrangements sound great. I was so excited after attending the first 2 symposiums. This third one planned for Barber has served as an inspiration this year for me. I can't tell you how much it has helped me in my rehabilatation...buying new/old parts and getting my bike ready and all. I just can't wait to see all you guys and your wonderful bikes. I think we have a full van but I'll talk to Mike.
Yeah, Mike and I plan a track day in Sept as my bike (and me) needs a proper shakedown before heading down south. Just not sure which exact date but it will be at Loudon.
Rich

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:04 am 

Hi Rich! :D
How are you? I am very happy to resent you. I wanted ,very much times, to send you an email but I didn't know, if it could disturb you. We, ever didn't have forgot you. I am very happy, to hear you that you are doing the riabilitation,and that you has finished your bike. It's very very fantastic !!.I am very happy for you.!
Today Carlo is "busy" for the last race of Italian vintage on mountain. Today he is playing the championchip. Carlo and his friend are first in the list.......In Italy we say:
however it will go, it will be a success! :twisted: ;)

Carlo is very happy to came in USA and he will be still more happy when he will know that he is able to meet you.

See you soon!

A big hug.

Leoncini's family.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:19 pm 

Hi Carlo and his Leoncini family,

I am glad to read your posted message and that you saw the pictures of my finished F1. I am also very pleased that you will come to the big event at Barber. Many people are looking forward to meeting you and seeing your wonderful machines. You will make many friends in USA. You and other members of this forum helped me by providing important parts for my F1 project. This was helpful to keep my mind off of my treatments and pain. I am in much better condition now and I hope to ride the F1 soon.

I hope you did well on the vintage mountain races!
Rich

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:32 am 

Hi, Rich! :D

I won the Italian championship 500 mono Ducati Mountain.
I was very glad to read your post reply. You are an special man, Rich.
See you soon.
Leoncini Carlo

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:12 pm 

Hi Carlo,
Great to hear that you won the recent race and that you are coming to Barber. Are you entering the race? At Barber, I can guess the fast guys on TT's and F1's will be you, Robbie Nigel (on Bill S. bike), Gary Palmer, Steve Munro, and Bruce Myers to name a few. I think they are entering the BOT3 class. There are probably other fast bikes / riders that I missed. After the races there is a track day on Monday.

I was hoping more people would have posted their intentions to come to Barber and race or at least do the track day.
Rich

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:38 am 

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=197

Hi Rich,
my english is very bad and my wife does not stay at home for translate

when I will go to Barber, my friends much will laught of my english. :lol:

on collegment you will see the bike that my friend borrow me......Rich, it is not a F1, but that's ok!

The USA RACERS ARE VERY NICE MEN!

CIAO! Carlo Leoncini

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:42 am 

Yes, Battle of Twins - Formula 3 (BOT F3) is shaping up to be the "Pantah race". I'll copy in here parts of the section of the AHRMA rulebook that applies in case anyone is not familiar with them. In our case it's basically a twin cylinder, 2 or 3 valve, OHC, up to 800cc. It would be a shame if someone came a long long way, and maybe couldn't get thru tech. inspection or something. The whole rulebook can be found here http://dev.ahrma.org/?page_id=163 Page down to " AHRMA Handbook (Rulebook)" Sorry Carlo, it's only in English, but we can help with any questions. BOT F3 is normally run at the same time as BOT F1. We told them at VIR that there may be a larger than normal number of F3 bikes entered, it's possible they may run F3 as a separate race if that's the case. Grid positions are determined by this seasons accumulated points in that class, with the reigning class champion always on pole. Then I believe they go by entry date, with post-entry's in the back. Hope this helps.
Bill

9.8 MECHANICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR BATTLE OF TWINS,
SOUND OF SINGLES AND SOUND OF THUNDER
a) Engine modifications: Unless specified, there are no restrictions on engine modifications.
A competitor may modify the engine to any degree, as long as the class
displacement limits are not exceeded. Engines may not have their bore and/or stroke
reduced to meet class limits. Engines must be naturally aspirated (no turbos or superchargers),
except four-stroke singles in Sound of Thunder.
b) Frames
1) Any frame manufactured by an OEM or any reputable aftermarket frame manufacturer
is allowed. Custom frames are eligible, but only the highest standard of
workmanship will be permitted. Frame modifications are allowed; however, they
must be declared and brought to the attention of the Tech Inspector for inspection
of quality and eligibility. Any frame considered inadequate by the Tech
Inspector will not be allowed to race. This decision may be appealed to the Race
Director only at that event. Contact the AHRMA office for clarification of confirmation
of eligibility.
2) Frame modifications: Gusseting and strengthening is allowed, as long as it is
done in a professional, safe, workmanlike manner.
3) Swingarms may be strengthened or changed to a different style or type, provided
they are safe and tight in the frame.
4) Frames shall be free of cracks and kinks.
5) All welds shall be structurally sound.
c) Wheels: Rim diameter must be no smaller than 16 inches. Rim width should comply
with the tire manufacturer’s recommendations.
d) Tires: Slicks, DOT or rain tires may be used. If the class or particular motorcycle is
required to run under Supersport rules, only DOT tires or rain tires may be used.
Riders should refer to their specific class rules to determine the type of tires legal for
that class. Tires must be of a modern racing compound and must not show excessive
wear. Tire warmers are permitted.
e) Brakes: Efficient front and rear brakes are required.
f ) Suspension: Motorcycles must have both front and rear suspension.
g) Exhaust: All machines must be equipped with effective silencers and exhaust systems
must include sound attenuation material or devices. Open pipes and reverse cone
megaphones are not effective silencers. Exceptions may be granted for exhibition purposes
only. All exhaust systems must exit toward the rear of the motorcycle.
Sound testing will take place at all AHRMA national events. This will be a pass-by
test at a section of the circuit where machines are under full throttle. As dB(a) levels
differ from circuit to circuit due to background and distance, only the worst offenders
will be notified. Failure to meet track-imposed noise limits may result in disqualification
from the day’s event and no refund of entry fees. These results will be posted
and published in Vintage Views. At tracks where noise limits are in effect, AHRMA
will adhere to the track’s policy.
h) Fluids and fluid control
1) All liquid-cooled machines must use only water or “WaterWetter” for cooling.
Antifreeze, ethylene glycol or other additives are prohibited. A separate catch tank
of at least 6 oz. must be fitted to catch any overflow.
2) All fluid plugs and fittings with oil or coolant behind them must be securely fastened
or safety wired.
3) A 6-oz. minimum catch tank or reservoir must be provided for any breather hoses
venting the following: cam box or top end, crankcase, primary, transmission and
oil tanks. Such catch tanks must be situated so that they will not normally overflow.
4) All tanks, whether for fuel, oil or coolant, must be leak-free and securely
mounted.
5) On machines not fitted with an electric fuel pump, fuel tanks must be fitted with
readily accessible shut-off valve(s)/petcock(s) in working order.
6) Positive clamping is mandatory on all oil, fuel and coolant line connections. Slip
fits are not permitted.
i) Controls and footrests
1) H andlebars must have a minimum width of 18 inches and a maximum width of
32 inches.
2) H andlebars, levers and the rider’s hands must have at least 1 inch clearance
between the fuel tank or enclosed-type fairings, and at least 2 inches with cut-out
type fairings.
3) H andlebars shall permit the front wheel to be turned at least 20 degrees to each
side from a straight-ahead position.
4) H and control levers must have ball ends at least 1/2-inch in diameter.
5) All controls must operate effectively and reliably.
6) Steering dampers may be added or changed.
7) Motorcycles must be equipped with a functional handlebar mounted kill switch.
8) Throttles must be self-closing.
9) Footrests must be positioned for ready access to applicable controls.
10) Footrests may be solid or folding. If folding, they must fold up and to the rear at
a 45-degree angle, and must be spring-loaded to prevent folding accidently. Only
one pair of footrests may be fitted per machine.
11) Footrests and foot controls must be free of sharp or cutting edges.
j) Unladen motorcycles must be capable of leaning at least 50 degrees to either side
before contacting the ground (tires excepted).
k) Bodywork
1) Fairings, if used, must be mounted at no fewer than three points.
2) Fairings must not extend forward of a vertical line drawn through the forwardmost
part of the front tire. The front wheel must be visible from the side and it
must be possible to see the rider completely, in the normal riding position, from
either side and from above with the exception of the forearms.
3) The motorcycle seat or fender must extend rearward beyond a line drawn vertically
through the rear axle.
4) N o streamlining may be attached to the rider or the helmet. Leathers with “aero
humps” are permitted.
l) Fuel
1) Gasoline only; maximum 115 octane [using formula (R+M)/2]. Race gas available
to all competitors at each event will be used as a standard for testing. Street gas
with boosters or additives will be illegal if it exceeds the standard.
2) N o fuel may be carried on a motorcycle except in tanks securely mounted for that
purpose.
m) T wo AHRMA decals of an approved design must be displayed in a conspicuous or
readily visible position on the motorcycle. Decals are available at technical inspection
at no cost to the competitor.

10.11 BATTLE OF TWINS®
10.11.1 Machine eligibility: All competition classes are intended for two-cylinder motorcycles
only. All classes may be run together and scored separately as determined by the number
of entries and track conditions. Classes include (see section 9.8 for additional mechanical
requirements):
a) Formula 3: Pushrod OHV machines to 1000cc, OHC 2- or 3-valve to 800cc, OHC
liquid-cooled 4-valve to 650cc. Pushrod OHV machines over 900cc must run under
Supersport specifications (see (9.8.1). Suzuki SV650, Kawasaki 650R, Buell XB9R,
Ducati 800SS and Monster limited to Supersport specifications (see 9.8.1); otherwise
must compete in F-2. TransAtlantic Challenge eligible machines may compete (see
10.11.1e.
b) Formula 2: Pushrod OHV machines to 1250cc, liquid-cooled OHC to 750cc, aircooled
2-valve OHC to 1000cc and air-cooled 4-valve to 1000cc. Ducati 748 is
limited to Supersport specifications (see 9.8.1); otherwise must compete in F-1. The
Ducati 749 4-valve water-cooled must race in F-1.
c) Formula 1: No displacement limits. Engine modifications are unlimited, with the
following exception: water-cooled 4-valve twins over 900cc are limited to Supersport
specifications (see 9.8.1) and must be U.S. road legal production models only.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next