DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sidestand
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:54 am 

Hi everyone, have just joined and warned in my introductory message, that I might have questions and that they might be stupid. First question:

My F1 came with the centre stand, no side stand. On doing a bit of reading I found that a Cagiva Allazurra side stand would do the trick. I purchased one. Now, the hard part. I want it situated on the left hand side of the bike. I realise that it will bolt on, but.... it would appear that I will need a longer engine mounting bolt than the one that is currently on the bike to accommodate this. The current bolt is 10mm with a 1.5mm thread and is looking rather lovely as it has just been cleaned, re-zinced and gold dipped, seems a shame not to use it. But what could I use instead? Or how can I achieve it. He (my husband) wants to keep the centre stand on the bike as well, I don't want it there! Suggestions gratefully accepted.

Post subject: Re: Sidestand
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:15 am 

Suggestion 1.

Try gold-dipping your husband, and then sell him...................................................!!! :D :D :D

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Sidestand
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:04 am 

I have added the Cagiva sidestand, and am using a locknut only because of the short bolt. Bolts off newer bikes are even shorter. I cannot see how both stands will fit at the same time, and that would be a lot of clutter. Either/Or? MikeV