DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi friends
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:06 pm 

Someone has to do it -- welcome to the TT and F1 (and derivatives) board!

Someone had to do that as well, thanks to Steve M and the team for getting this idea off the ground.

All the best,

Fran

Post subject: Re: Hi friends
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:10 pm 

This is going to be a great site. I'm in the midst of building my own TT2 replica (with help from a couple of guys who sorta know what they're doing). Looking forward to sharing the experience and getting more help along the way.

Duc 900SS-FE #181

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:11 pm 

Welcome, this is going to be a lot of fun! Scott the bike looks great with the Astralites. Thanks to Fran for getting it started, as well as Steve Munro and Dan Arnold.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:38 am 

Hello everyone, yes this will be fun & informative for all. Thank you Steve & Dan. This has been a long time coming. Ralph

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:09 am 

Hello from France;we are many TT,F1,Pantah addicts in classic races and we are very glad to met new friends on tracks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:29 am 

. . . . And the Netherlands is in ! :lol:

Planning for a long time to build a TT1 or TT2 so last year I started to find and buy some parts and I am allmost there.
Due to many other projects it meight take a while to get the bike finished and at this point I even haven't decided if it will be a TT1 or TT2 so maybe this forum will help me decide.
It is a great idea to start a global forum to combine forces, so Steve and Dan thanks for stating it.

André

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:26 pm 

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the Barber event next year.

Post subject: Re: Hi from Tokyo.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:21 pm 

Busy recycling Japanese F1s at the moment, waste not want not :lol:

Have F1 Laguna Seca, Paul Smart rep, DB2 and 600SL.... all in bits but getting there

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:26 am 

Looking good -- sounding good!

Everyone who has posted to this thread thus far knows how much time and effort goes into building a replica or restoring an original TT but what happens when it's finally done? How can you just sit back and take it all in without hearing it thrumping away? So, what do we do now that we have a runner that looks fast sitting still?

I'd like to learn how TT builders feel about running their projects on closed-course facilities (yep, racetracks) and if that has worked out, what kinds of events were suitable regarding safety and risk from loonies or nut bars?

Fran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:31 pm 

Hi Fran,
This is my first post. Mine is not a TT but a F1 and built by me. It was raced '88 to '96 then retired and set back to street. Then track days got popular about 2005 around here. So I put it back to race setup (except left in the charging system and electric starter) and went to many track days.

So yes, I recommend to run your TT on a track. I go to Loudon and the track days run by Fishtail Riding Schools are pretty tame. They tend to be an older group mainly riding Ducatis (ok newer ones). You can go into slow medium or fast groups. It is more your riding ability than the bike you ride. You can go as fast or slow as you want to go. I've done BostonMoto, Penquin and Tonys and they are all about the same.

I don't know where you live, but I think there are track days all over the country now.

You can't really open them up on the street and they were built for the track...the biggest risk is crashing or breaking parts that you can't find anymore, or crashing yourself up. I've done both but I still want to do it.

Rich