DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for throttle cables for Laguna Seca
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:29 pm 

I need a new set of throttle cables for my Laguna Seca. Does anyone know a source for originals? If not I guess I just make a set but I was hoping for some off someone's shelf...

Post subject: Re: Looking for throttle cables for Laguna Seca
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:08 pm 

An option would be to send the old ones here, and get a new set made. I'm probably going to try them before long, as my soldering skills are pretty hit or miss.
Bill

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/custom/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:30 am 

Try here for cables.

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/laverda/

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:37 am 

I want to thank you for your reply Bill! I was looking for OEM cables. I know Motion Pro makes custom cables and have used them but there have always been issues. I understand that there can be problems when producing custom cables but I do not appreciate being treated in a rudely. I sent them specific dimensions and drawings which they disregarded and as a result produced cables that did not fit. Then they refused to take them back. The consolation was that when they made them remade them again (Didn't charge me shipping, yay!) and again they did not fit. I ended up cutting them up and making my own from the pieces and parts on hand. This did not happen once but twice on two seperate projects. So.... Motion Pro will not be getting my business again.

I have had several sets of cables made with great success from two other vendors, Terry Cable in Hesperia, CA and Barnett in Ventura, CA. Both are a pleasure to work with and both made cables from drawings. Both took the time to listen to my specific concerns and both made a quality product exactly to my specs. (gee, I guess I'm not as stupid as the last guy @ Motion Pro acted like I was (Hi Toby!)).

If I can't find OEM cables then I will most likely send the old ones to Joe at Barnett and have him make some up as he was a pleasure to work with when I used him on another project last winter.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:24 pm 

Sorry to hear that about Motion Pro. They do make some very good products, and I assumed their cable making would be of the same quality. I mentioned them because apparently Flanders uses them to make their finished cables (?). About 5 or 6 years ago, I ordered some special made cables from Flanders, and sent them very specific drawings. The cables I got back were well made but only just useable. They didn't pay very close attention to the lengths on the drawings. Maybe they were made at Motion Pro? If I don't just get the cable parts from Flanders and make my own, I'll try one of your choices. Good info - thanks.
Bill