DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: TT2 Race Tires
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:42 am 

G'day, all.
Yes, my 05 Brembo calipers are definately 95mm between centres.
Yes, I'm going to use what I have at the moment, (So no cush drive), and as and when funds allow I'll swap over to a cush drive to give the gearbox an easier time.

Lee.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:31 am 

Did the '86 SS 650 Alazzurra switch to F08 calipers? That's the slider I was measuring, and the rotors are definitely 260's. Falloon's book doesn't mention which calipers are on that model, and mine are in a box somewhere.

I ran that cush-less rear for a couple of years for track days and racing, including a three hour endurance race. The only problem I noticed was the sprocket bolts wanted to eventually loosen up, even while tightly safety wired. My engine is a virtually stock Alazzurra one. The only changes are 900SS cams and the ports are alined. 10.5/1 compression. I'm sure a more tuned engine would be harder on the whole drive-train without a cush. I've since acquired a set of the JB Power Campagnolo replica wheels, and the Marvic's are now my rain wheels. I'm not making any recommendations here about running without a cush, other than to pay close attention to the sprocket bolts, just passing along my experience.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:09 am 

Yes, they did go to the 08s later, and there are forks to fit the 260mm/P08 combo. I also appreciate all of Falloon's books, they are much better than Mick's, but some of the info is not perfect, or not perfect for every world market. And, PG, you are at least the second person to mention the sprocket bolts getting loose using the Yamaha wheels.

When and where will you post a photo of your bike Pantah Good? I think we have only the posterized version on the list. Maybe they were lost when the site collapsed early this year. MikeV

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:33 pm 

Here's that shot before getting the cartoon treatment. It's in the classified section as a p.s. to Darnold's sale of the wheels. It picked up a little more race patina on the right side at Barber.
Bill

http://www.ducatittandf1.com/download/file.php?id=533&mode=view

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:48 pm 

Thanks Bill. Something more than a Pantah I see. MikeV