DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just joined the forum
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:04 am 

Hi found this site looking for more info on TT2's I have collected almost all of the parts needed to start building hopefully mid January weather permitting and I finally get these brewing tanks out of my workshop.

Have been sourcing parts the last 7 years or so after someone knocking me off my Pantah some 20 yrs ago. The bike lay in the shed as I spent the insurance money on buying a F2 sidecar and went racing for 6 yr which ate up all spare cash hence the delay along with fertilizing four eggs and building a house and workshop in the Scottish borders. My youngest will be at school next intake so time for dad's project's.

It will not suit the purists as I have a ST2 front end a 900ss alloy swing arm carbon hugger and front mud guard monster rear wheel to keep both wheels 17" 748 master cylinders the fairing and seat unit and screen came from http://www.raggededgeracing.com which he informed me he has modified the mould to make the fork opening wider which will suit the USD front end I believe the moulds were originally Roy Thearsby's. I have the T45 tube in the rack and finished making the hydraulic tube bender a couple of month ago. Have also purchased a numatic planishing hammer and wheeling machine to have a go at making an alloy tank. Well that's my rant hope to post the build at a later date. Sam

Damn Few And They're A' Died!

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Just joined the forum
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:42 pm 

Sam wot's am,

No worries concerning purity of pedigree, here. It's not likely many of us will be so fortunate to own genuine factory examples and if we did would we take them onto the track? Both streams are source of the river.

Welcome to this TT/F1 site and post a bit on your work in progress when you have time. Try a pic or two on us as well.

Cheers, best holiday wishes,

Fran in Canada.
considering TT2 colours on my snowmobile

Post subject: Re: Just joined the forum
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:27 pm 

fmcd92 wrote:
Sam wot's am,

Fran in Canada.

I take it you are referring to the post time!? different time zone, different side of the pond. Dram time here now a large one for a night cap. :D

Damn Few And They're A' Died!

Profile Personal album