DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Marzocchi Pulsar PVS1 (?) shock
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:54 pm 

My 80s TT2 replica (i.e built in Italy back in 82ish) has a Marzocchi Pulsar rear shock which is now leaking & has a perished hose to the pressure bottle. I'd like to get it refurbed rather than replace it with a new one. Anyone have any ideas for spares sources or somewhere in the UK that has the expertise to repair these shocks?

Its a bike which has seen its time on the track in Italy back in the 80s & has some nice period stuff on it (NCR clutch , Mallossi 41s, Campags , Goldlines etc) plus the patina of having been around for a while which I don't want to lose if possible hence my preference for a rebuild.

cheers
Mike

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Marzocchi Pulsar PVS1 (?) shock
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:28 pm 

Hi Mike, she sounds like a really nice machine. Those are choice parts you have on her. The shock rebuild should be pretty straight forward from any good shock rebuilder. Steve Munro at the Loudbike store might have a rebuild kit or two left. Shoot him an email. It's not an impressive kit, just a couple of o rings. You may want to ask the rebuilder to find hose that looks similar to the original. The modern stuff is usually very different looking, if that matters to you. I haven't made the decals yet but have been thinking about it. They are super fragile and never last. I only know rebuilders in the states, but if you decide that's the route you will take I will list a few. Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:56 am 

Mike my Bike has an Early 851 Whitepower shock which I had rebuilt in the UK by a chap who is quite well known in Motocross circles (because no WP dealer replied to any of my enquiries!)..can't for the life of me remember who did it but will find out for you before the day is done...hopefully!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:54 am 

Try John Gaskell .... revsracing@yahoo.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:10 am 

Thanks for the replies. Forgot to tick the "notify" button so apologies for the late response. I will follow all up. When I remember how to post a pic I'll put some shots of the bike up in the gallery.

I'm not "into" later Ducs (as much :o) & wonder if there is a later shock I could use temporarily to replace the Pulsar if the refurb of it takes longer than hoped? Its 320mm i2i, spring poundage is a mystery to me but maybe I could swap the OE spring.

The sticker on my reservoir is a bit jaded but would provide a pic for a pattern if its of help

Cheers
Mike

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:57 am 

Hi Mike,

If you hit Google often enough, and with the right combinations of the words Marzocchi, Pulsar, PVS-1 or PVS-3 you will VERY likely get a hit with a photo which will give you the answer to your quest. The info you need IS out there on the interweb....................its just a question of FINDING it................... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Poison

Profile Personal album