DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Isle of Man TT
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:16 pm 

Next week sees the start to one of the greatest motor cycle racing events in the world, and of course one of the greatest sporting spectacles anywhere. The Isle of Man TT is full of colour, noise, personality smells, and tens of thosounds of motor cycles and enthusiasts from all over the world.

It is of course worth remembering that it is the Isle of Man TT that gave us the Mike Hailwood replica, and the TT 2. Mike of course won the world championship Formula one race in 1978, when he literately blew away the factory Honda's and Suzuki's. During the early eighty's Tony Rutter won three World championship Formula Two races on a 600cc TT 2, beating the factory Honda's and Yamaha's.

It is now possible for anybody anywhere in the world to listen to the live radio broadcasts from the IOM TT via the internet, just tune in to radio TT at manxradio.co

Post subject: Re: Isle of Man TT
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:37 pm 

Ciao Pat,I have made ​​my promise: I will come sooner or later the Tourist Tropy, I can not pass my whole life without seeing the maximum expression of motorcycling.

When you do not know. I'd take a motor home, charging over my tt2, and be able to tour the island, of course not competitive.

I shudder at the thought.

For now it is a beautiful dream.

Hello Patt

Attachments:
Ago07.jpg
Ago07.jpg [ 307.51 KiB | Viewed 3124 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:01 pm 

That photograph of Agostini is taken at the bottom of Bray Hill, at about 150 mph ! To visit the TT is a must before the chequered flag drops, Carlo !

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:01 pm 

Carlo, I'm sure that most of us share your ultimate dream of going to the TT. But, I feel no sympathy for you however, for not having already done it. You can ride or drive there for heaven's sake. And the Montjuich even has fresh tires! Us poor slobs in the U.S. or Oz have to swim. Now, again, it sounds like we'd all better get on with it soon if we want to make it. Sadly, here's a quote from a member of the 851/888 forum who's part of a small group of them that meet up there annually.

"3 deaths would be shocking for the full TT fortnight but that was the tally for yesterday and today

I think the days of unlimited speed and one way over the Mountain are numbered - there has been talk of shutting the Mountain section completely over TT fortnight but 2 deaths occurred elsewhere."

Wouldn't it be something to have a TT/F1 party there.
Bill

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:04 am 

Ciao Bill,I totally understand your thinking, unfortunately it is true, but I think it's the one thing that you accept or not accept.

Definitely not good to die for a race, but I believe that whoever runs that way, does not want to die, I think it's a lifestyle choice, and all life choices, in my opinion, they are to be respected.

I have done, the mechanic in the category superstok in 2004, I have been circuits throughout Europe, I saw that in England, they have a different mentality from the common people, they think about this: you want to run? Sign the form and parts.

I have over many years in the Italian championship in the mountains, and I can say that it is very dangerous, but those 4 - 5 miles they can not replace anyone or anything.

I will tell you the last thing, if you go to ask for every single driver that runs the race of the tourist Tropy, he will tell you that what makes him love it.

What should we do then? Have fun in a way to stop all these crazy people?

This is a question that I make to you all.

This is my personal opinion. Carlo

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:00 am 

Hi Carlo,
I agree with you. I wasn't worried that racers would no longer sign up, but that a governing body would decide to end it. My hope is that the wonderful character of the people on all those associated islands, like you mentioned, will save it.

Last night I was dreaming of how great it would be if somehow I could just ride my bike off a ferry and head for the I.O.M. Then I remembered suddenly I would have to ride on the left hand side of the road. On a motorcycle, I'm sure I would be dead in less than 5 miles. Then I was wondering if you and your Montjuich could do it safely. I wouldn't want either one of you banged up.
Bill

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:54 pm 

You are a wonderful person, I hope that my sense of the speech understands.

Surely the speed and horsepower, have tripled in the last twenty years, when our dear friend Patt followed the great drivers of the time, it was definitely very fast, but now have reached the volocità incredible.

What should we do?

I gave up racing in the mountains, I decided that this year I will only race on the track.

I run on the road since 1999, and I was injured many times.

My wife Antonella, I said, one time, these words:

You must build a beautiful motorcycle racing, and racing circuits, but the championship in the mountains, give him up, too dangerous.

How can I refuse such a request makes sense.

With so much friendship, Carlo

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:11 pm 

You can not refuse such a request. You are a fortunate man, my friend.
Bill

p.s. Your English is perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:00 am 

Bill. If you enter the event they will let you ride on any side of the road you want! You can even cross the lines (if they have any). MikeV

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:47 am 

http://www.moto.it/sport/tourist-trophy ... ta-18.html

Hello Friends, he's Stefano Bonetti, the Italian league he does speed up modern motorcycles, he wins a lot, in Italy, but also very strong guide to TT. He is my friend!

BIG Stefano !

Profile Personal album