DUCATI TT and F1 FORUM

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: TT F1 Endurance replica
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:10 am 

Thanks !

The cooler was a 13 row off ebay, there are lots on there...they are a copy of the Mocal type I think.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:27 pm 

OK, we have built the motor up and its all ready to go apart from a clutch rod seal at the end which was mullered and looked worn out..so thats the only thing thats needed before it arrives.

The wiring is the next job, which will prob take a couple of days to do to trim, add connectors and wrap it all up.

Then the forks need cutting down and a stiffer compression and rebound shim stack putting in, we will use what we ended up on the R6's as we had that nailed so will be agood starting point as well as some 9.5 springs in the front.

Decided to fit the biggest oil cooler I could get in behind the fairing....cant go much bigger than this and am pleased with it. Just needs the brackest welding on and the tappings machining down - will stick it on teh face plate and turn new threads on the existing fittings.

Neat Li-ion battery fits behind the headstock, this thing will turn over the starter and only weighs 0.7kg !! The Zeeltronic unit also is bolted just above it so all the wiring is kept neat and as short as possible.

We put it on the scales, which is why in the pics the chain is on the seat and it is 66kg/ 64kg split....this is without any oil of course. The fairing is and bellypan is 3kg which will put the bike, ready to race with a bit of fuel at under 140kg !! Wooooyeah, its going to be a hoot !!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:45 pm 

Time for an update lads !

Most of the hard work is done now, the bike runs and sounds awesome but I have not yet ridden it.

Bits left to do are, wrap the loom so its all neat and tidy, get some R6 rear sprockets, some fancy bolts for the suspension linkage and stuff, make a silencer strap, finish off the scoop for the oil cooler and glass it to the fairing...all little bits really.

Oil catch tank is now at the rear with the reed valve on the exit so the crankcase volume is effectively bigger....dont know if it will give more power but this is how the Ducati Corse boxes are so ours is the same theory.

Anyway, need to book a trackday then enter a race to give me a date i HAVE to finish it...hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Hope you all like it so far !! I love it and cant wait to go racing with it !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:27 pm 

OK, I love it too! We have to hear and see her on the track, don't forget the video camera. Lou

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:53 am 

Very, Very impressive.
Well done on such a nice job and in quick time too. You've done a mountain of work, and it shows.

Congrats.
Lee.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:49 am 

Majestic, impressive, it looks so good a functional. Well done. Pat.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:48 am 

Can't zoom in enough on your pictures - damn it! There is a lot to study there. Almost seems a shame to cover it up with body work. Your weight is right where my TT is. Careful you guys don't hurt your faces from smiling on that first lap.
Bill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:58 pm 

Thankyou guys it means a lot as you all have great bikes too!

I am lucky to have a Dad who is a fantastic engineer and who knows that nothing is impossible (it is only metal at the end of the day), together we can do pretty much anything and just make it instead of buying expensive parts - its the only way we can race as we dont have much money.

The only thing thats bugging us is the big silencer, but it was the only one we had lying around and we know it doesnt suit the bike so may make a megaphone version when we have more time. Plus we dont know how loud it would be so took a conservative first guess and kept it long. Its full Ti though, so weighs nothing which is probably more important.

I will have a big smile on my face Bill.....the only Ducati I have ridden is a demo Panigale on the street for 10 minutes from our local DMC shop, so I have no idea what they are like to ride hard !

You can bet I will be riding the wheels off it trying to beat the inline 4's and making a bike that not many people know about get in the headlines and on TV !
Speaking of which, it will be in retro colours...mostly original tricolore but with a MotoGP GP12 twist and colour shades to make it stand out on the TV a bit more.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:41 pm 

:D :D :D

Woopwoop, its getting there !!

First test on the 21st of this month with the first race that coming weekend at Anglesey (in the North of Wales). It will probably be all white because the new workshop is now being built and we chopped out old garage in half as the new footings start juust behind it....so we are tight for space and there will be lots of dust around for 3 weeks. But no matter, will give me time to photoshop away and come up with a cool scheme !!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:37 pm 

First test tomorrow (Tuesday) at Cadwell Park. Feels OK on the (er...private) road but on track we shall see.

Bike will be all white for the test, as dad is building a new workshop so space is limited, but have had time for a bit of photoshop fun !

Not keen on the gold wheels...

Black looks better...

Dont like this one, even though its close to the original (a little), it just doesnt do it for me

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next